Eastern PA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived home from the GTG, it was great. My dad and I both had a great time. It was great meeting all of the saw enthusists, all great guys (and girls). Thanks again to our host John. I hope we can do it again, maybe some larger wood next time so the Homelites can play. Haha

Thanks to all who made today a success! Jonathan

Sure looked like the Homey's had fun today !!!

Many thanks to our Host John as well. Thanks for all the tips and the gracious use of your home and toys. Burgers were great, cookie cuttin was fun and a whole bunch of new friends were made. can't ask for more then that....oh yes you can ...you can ask Spike to bring that 560 super secret pre-production JonnySaw. Man that thing ripped.

Hope the neighbors weren't home.

Did anybody get some pics ???

Angelo

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was very impressed by the new strato saws today. That 560xp was over the top! Thanks Spike for the test ride.

Would like to extend a sincere THANKS to John for hosting today's event. Kelly and I had a great time. Kudos to whoever made that fantastic potato salad! Real good to see the "regulars" (Spike and J Walker) as well as some new faces.

Saw report:

Husky/Jonsered- Thanks to Spike for bringing the 372 X-Torq which I got to run for the first time. I am VERY impressed with the powerband of this saw. Set up with a 20" bar (I think), I found myself going back numerous times to handle/cut with this saw. From a firewood production standpoint, this saw will be hard to beat with the increased fuel economy. As a side note, I handled the 372XT and the Stihl 441 together and the XT felt about a 1/2 lb lighter. Could have been fuel and oil levels. I have only run a 441 once before and, at the time, walked away unimpressed. The one I ran today was a different story......I can see why this saw has such a strong and loyal following.

Spike's worked up 359 did not disappoint. Looks like the 2156wh will be getting worked over soon. That saw flat out hauled!

Stihl- Strong showing from Stihl. West Coast 064 and 660. Nice. Worked over 260 had a strong bark. Thanks to Volksman for letting me run his 038M. Plenty of power pulling a 28" bar. As mentioned, the 441 has rekindled my interest. Looking forward to giving the C-M version of the 441 a test run. Very nice saw indeed.

Homelite- Thanks to Ron for bringing the 2100. I own/have owned the a combination of 90cc+ saws- Stihl 084, 088, Jred 2094, 2095. That 2100 was UNGODLY. Only way to describe it. I walked away feeling like a novice, gutless punk, call it what you want. Simply awesome. Time to start hanging out with leeha I guess

Looking forward to doing this again. thanks again John.

Pete

thanks to john for hosting.
thanks to all for attending.
thanks to john's wife for stacking firewood (of her own accord!).:)

the new 372xt will be the new king! just wait till you doubters run it!!!

met some cool cats today. saw some neat old iron run.

it's a shame some left a bit early........
you guys should have seen the bikewesaw that john keeps in the basement! :cheers:

why is john's rep not all lit up yet?
hint, hint.

Last edited:
Great day! Enjoyed all, especially with those sick Homelites. That race saw was sick. I enjoyed trying a few of the saws. Spikes' new Husky stuff was really nice. Nice meeting John, great host and great guy. Oldmar, we need to hook up sometime, now that I know you live right down the street. Angelo, Volks, Beowulf, Albert, all great!!!!! Well I know I'm forgetting a few, so I guess we will need to do this again sometime.

Thanks for everything fellas. Jonathan-I never would have believed that so many saws could be put in a vehicle! LOL Couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys/gals. In the spring I will probably have another go at a GTG. And I will have a backhoe on hand to move some of the lumber so the Homelites can play. :givebeer: Thanks for bringing that 560 Spike. That saw rocked. Have to get back to eating my way through the leftover desserts.

Thanks John for putting on this GTG. Great turnout and some Great Saws!
A very nice collection of Homelite saws and equipment. A Ken Dunn Homelite Hotsaw, a second KD Homelite and a KD 395XPG. Nice treat.
Lots of Stihl stuff there to. A mint 090 with a 54" bar.
A mint Partner 5000 Plus.
Good thing about GTG"s good folks and cool saws!
Great meeting everyone.

Many thanks to John for hosting, I had a very good time with a great bunch of people, in a very nice spot, on a beautiful day.

I used to think of my 53cc saw as my big saw. I used to think of my 20" bar as my big bar.

I have a very small collection of very small saws.

My echo 280 is a keychain with a recoil starter. I'm not even capitalizing echo anymore.

Volks-man, thanks for the backup 028. I swear I thought you said it was a parts saw.

Let's do it again sometime.

Latest posts

Back