eBAY BARGAIN!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my god that is ugly!:hmm3grin2orange: I wonder if thats the aluminum paint that rubs off on your hands? :greenchainsaw:

Do people actually think an ugly, amateur paint job actually improves resale? The sad part is, It will sell eventually for way too much. :hmm3grin2orange:

My only comment is that if there's an idiot out there willing to bid this amount for this saw, and pay $100 on top for shipping, then he truly deserves to have his money taken away. Many people seem to think that if a product has a high price, then it must be superior and therefore worth it. We'll see if there's such a fool looking for an old saw.

Dan

My only comment is that if there's an idiot out there willing to bid this amount for this saw, and pay $100 on top for shipping, then he truly deserves to have his money taken away. Many people seem to think that if a product has a high price, then it must be superior and therefore worth it. We'll see if there's such a fool looking for an old saw.

Dan

I'm in, I'm in!!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Someone will just wait. Rather than buying a good Stihl 066/044/361 and the list goes on. They will think its a great deal and collectors saw. :biggrinbounce2:

Count me in too. I've way too much money and need to foolishly relieve myself of some of it.

Agreed! Someone will plunk down their hard earned cash and be smiling about it...silly bugger! Does anyone know what that saw is actually worth?

GAH-stly!!!

Agreed! Someone will plunk down their hard earned cash and be smiling about it...silly bugger! Does anyone know what that saw is actually worth?
Hm, after the masterful spray-bomb 'restoration' job or before :hmm3grin2orange:
Kinda like NOT origional Mr. sellerdude, nice way to wreck a collectable.
Value? Good question, in un-altered shape I could see such a saw fetch a fair piece of change from a collector, the way it sits now its maybe a 100$ parts saw, or doorstop, or boat anchor, what-ever.......my unbiased know FA opinion.

:cheers:

Serge

David Bradley 360 deg.

Thought that I might add my two cent`s worth as I have a few of these old beasts . The David Bradly 360 is an ugly beast by today`s standards for sure. In its day, around 1956 it was quite advanced. The color of the saw for sale is not correct as others have mentioned, they had more light blue mixed with the silver making it a blueish silver for the greater part of the body but the redish maroon for the trim is close to original. T he paint job and color aside the 360 was one of the first saws to use a Tillotson diaphram carb that can pump gas so that enabled the saw to cut in all positions , hence the 360 degree designation. The chain bar can be mounted on both sides of the transmission mount giving the saw the ability to cut close to the ground if desired. Now the saw is heavy at 31 lbs. with a 21 inch bar and chain but it uses a power products AH 47 77cc. engine that are very reliable and durable as there is lots of them out there still running. They are not rare and a good running one with original paint and decent decals will fetch up to 150 $ from a collector and being heavy to start with and add packing materials the weight goes up around 35 lbs, and the good ole post office or DHL, UPS etc will eat up the better part of a hundred to ship one across country. No one in there right mind would want to operate one of these saws on a daily basis anymore but some of us like to fire up these beasts and many other dinosaures like them on occasion and make sawdust fly just for fun. Pioneerguy600

I have a couple of those old David Bradleys (one for parts). I didn't realize that they were relatively common. Both of mine are a cream color with a burgandy trim. I can attest to how heavy they are though, I thought it would be fun to cut some wood with it one day. Yeah right, that bad idea lasted about 5 minutes. In 2 minutes every part of my body hurt: my forearms looked like Popeyes, my back was sore, and even my teeth hurt from clenching them so they didn't chip from the vibration. I like my David Bradleys where they are now, lost somewhere in the back of my Dads workshop. BTW, whoever buys that saw would be lucky if it didn't cost them $200 to ship it, I believe someone could ship a VW for less!

I have a couple of those old David Bradleys (one for parts). I didn't realize that they were relatively common. Both of mine are a cream color with a burgandy trim. I can attest to how heavy they are though, I thought it would be fun to cut some wood with it one day. Yeah right, that bad idea lasted about 5 minutes. In 2 minutes every part of my body hurt: my forearms looked like Popeyes, my back was sore, and even my teeth hurt from clenching them so they didn't chip from the vibration. I like my David Bradleys where they are now, lost somewhere in the back of my Dads workshop. BTW, whoever buys that saw would be lucky if it didn't cost them $200 to ship it, I believe someone could ship a VW for less!

The Sears saw listed in my signature shipped two day for about $20. Same engine, same gear drive. I agree - these saws a great conversation pieces that make you appreciate the saws today.

I used to live in northeastern Ohio and back about 1980 I was at home for the Thanksgiving Holiday at my parents house. We got a really weird storm that started out with wet snow and lightning/thunder at the same time. It just kept coming down and we got about 2 feet of snow that night and we lost electricity. About 2:00 AM a large limb broke off of a big soft Maple tree that was over the house and the limb landed on the slate roof of our farmhouse and poked a hole in the roof - and the limb was holding the snow on the roof which normally slides off the slate when it gets really wet and thick.

We felt it would be a good idea to get the limb off the roof and get the hole in the roof patched. We got out flashlights and our trusty David Bradley saw and carried it up on the roof and started cutting. The saw was heavy - but it was the only saw we had ever owned and it always was ready to work when we needed it. We cut the limb into pieces just small enought to allow us to throw the pieces off the roof and patched the hole with a tarp.

Our saw was the diecast metal color and had no paint on the aluminum pieces. The steel pieces were painted the maroon color.

....and being heavy to start with and add packing materials the weight goes up around 35 lbs, and the good ole post office or DHL, UPS etc will eat up the better part of a hundred to ship one across country.

This isn't true. Go to USPS, or UPS and you can see exactly what shipping will be, and its no where NEAR $100, at least in the US. A 40 pound box from Atlanta to San Diego shipped USPS is less that $40. The UPS link wasn't working a bit ago, but I'd bet its even a little less (usually is on heavier packages). Now this is assuming the shipper has sense enough to remove the bar and put it in a proper sized box.

My father used the exact model DB to clear many acres of timber in the 50s and the saw still runs today (needs a bar and chain though). These saws certainly have their place in the history book and can be fun for an occasional running, but as plentiful as they are, I can't see any in reasonable condition selling for over $50. Just my $0.02.

Dan

Latest posts

Back