eBAY BARGAIN!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey lesorubcheek,
Your Dad is certainly more of a man than I am!

He's more of a man than myself as well! I grew up with tractors and trucks... his gereration grew up with mules with plows and wagons. Makes ya think just how soft we've gotten as things become easier and easier.

Dan

........................Now this is assuming the shipper has sense enough to remove the bar and put it in a proper sized box.
Dan

Dan,

It is amazing how poorly some people ship items. About 5 years ago I bought a new 346XP from a dealer a few states away. He shipped it with the bar and chain on it. There was a 6 pack of oil and a 1 gal jug of oil in the box. Of course the bar poked a hole in the 1 gal jug and soaked the saw and box. It is amazing UPS delivered it. When I contacted the dealer he said that Husky required them to sell it assembled. I keep a file on my computer with pictures of all types of poor shipping .

Bill

He's more of a man than myself as well! I grew up with tractors and trucks... his gereration grew up with mules with plows and wagons. Makes ya think just how soft we've gotten as things become easier and easier.

Dan
Yep.........and I'll bet they did'nt complain about AV either.:chainsawguy:

.... Of course the bar poked a hole in the 1 gal jug and soaked the saw and box. It is amazing UPS delivered it. When I contacted the dealer he said that Husky required them to sell it assembled. I keep a file on my computer with pictures of all types of poor shipping .

Bill

Amazing! Ya think they could have at least put a bar cover on it and packed it well with plenty of material between the oil and the bar. Even so, a bar sticking out (let alone with a chain on it!) can cause some damage. I've had a couple of bars lost during shipping ,one DHL and one Fedex. The Fedex one was a bar only, 30" or so if I remember correctly. The driver shows up, hands me an empty cardboard sheath with a gaping hole on one end. The saddest part was he didn't have a clue what needed to be done to file an insurance claim for it. Small area + large mass means unless its secured very well in a box, a bar is gonna go flying!

Dan

David Bradley 360

This isn't true. Go to USPS, or UPS and you can see exactly what shipping will be, and its no where NEAR $100, at least in the US. A 40 pound box from Atlanta to San Diego shipped USPS is less that $40. The UPS link wasn't working a bit ago, but I'd bet its even a little less (usually is on heavier packages). Now this is assuming the shipper has sense enough to remove the bar and put it in a proper sized box.

My father used the exact model DB to clear many acres of timber in the 50s and the saw still runs today (needs a bar and chain though). These saws certainly have their place in the history book and can be fun for an occasional running, but as plentiful as they are, I can't see any in reasonable condition selling for over $50. Just my $0.02.

Dan
Hi Guy`s; when I said that the better part of a hundred dollars to ship a saw this size would not be far off to ship it across country I forgot to mention it would come from the US. to Canada . I have shipped a good many saws from Washington, California, Texas and Oregon and they can cost more than a hundred landed in Nova Scotia Canada, then add brokerage fees and duty and your cost for the deal is well over $ 150.
Pioneerguy600

You're absolutely right PioneerGuy. Thing is the saw in question is shipping from Virginia! $100 from there to any place in the US is a RIPOFF!

Dan

Welp, so far it doesn't look like he'll be shipping it far, 0 bids since the origional post, wouldn't be the 500$ opening bid would it? :monkey: Gee maybe it was a typo and he really meant 50$?
:D :D

I just had to

I asked the guy if that was some kind of joke. Pissed him off real good I guess. He blocked me from bidding, and communication. Like I would bid on it anyway.

better you than me

I asked the guy if that was some kind of joke. Pissed him off real good I guess. He blocked me from bidding, and communication. Like I would bid on it anyway.

Wow - I was going to send him a message expressing my disbelief but now I'm glad I didn't. At least I can still bid. I think this is a much better buy than some new fangled Stihl 440. Of course, I never bid until the last 30 seconds - hope I don't miss this one! :dizzy:

Well, I sent the guy an email too - "Where did you ever get the 100.00 shipping price? I could send this saw anywhere in the usa for 40.00 or less ups ground. This is just a tip, weigh the saw & box, don't guess at it. Then use the shipping calculator ebay provides, it won't be near 100.00 unless you're adding 60.00 for a "packing fee" " He'll probably block me too, how sad. He must think he has the holy grail of chainsaws there.

Well, I sent the guy an email too - "Where did you ever get the 100.00 shipping price? I could send this saw anywhere in the usa for 40.00 or less ups ground. This is just a tip, weigh the saw & box, don't guess at it. Then use the shipping calculator ebay provides, it won't be near 100.00 unless you're adding 60.00 for a "packing fee" " He'll probably block me too, how sad. He must think he has the holy grail of chainsaws there.

Yeah - I felt bad too until I read how he blocked bobbyb13. Heck, the way we're carrying on, he'll probably sell it. Not too long ago someone sold a Sears gear drive saw that was advertised as a Stihl. Before the auction was over, they admitted it didn't say Stihl anywhere on it but it still went for $125

Latest posts

Back