Echo 330evlp and Efco 152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platoon Daddy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Me and the boy are realatively new here...Just wondering if anyone out there can give us a lil info on these saws? I know the Echo was likely made in the late 80's but cant find much else. Just picked it up from the post office...my recent ebay purchase...has a 12" bar. Got it for 60 bucks for my 14yr old son to use...were having our Woodmaster LT90 installed soon and wanted something smaller for him to learn with...getting ready to order his chaps/ppe now. Also going to Springfield in the a.m. to look at an Efco 152 for 250.00. I have two Stihl MS 250's for production work...I know they are homeowner saws...and an MS 180 for limbing/toping. I'm not a big guy and wont be cutting much over the size of a five gal bucket from my 13acres, mostly oak and a lil bit of scrub piss elm/wild cherry to burn during the not so cold months.

Seems what I've seen on the Efco 152 says it's a 51.7cc saw that weighs about the same as my 45cc stihls...I like that power to weight ratio.

I'm getting ready to retire from the military and would like to offset my all electric heating bill during the winter months...besides, I love to cut wood...historically in the past I cut wood for fun for the fire pit or give it to subordinates in my unit.

Traditionally, I'm a stihl guy though...

What are your thoughts gentlemen/ladies? Much appreciation in advance for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Platoon Daddy

I don't personally know anything about the 152, but you can get a new one for a hundred twenty more with a 5 year consumer warranty from Baileys. There's a thread from Stihl Crazy that would likely tell you a lot more than I could. That thread happens to be one of the main reasons I went with an Efco when I decided I wanted something a bit more than a throwaway saw.

Latest posts

Back