Echo 590 lean adjust?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 590 might need some more time breaking in and a little more tuning.....the 562 wasn't 2 x as fast but noticeable faster acceleration through the cut.....

The 590 might need some more time breaking in and a little more tuning.....the 562 wasn't 2 x as fast but noticeable faster acceleration through the cut.....

What are you talking about??

One has to ask the question is the 562 worth the extra $300+ to the average person, the answer is a resounding NO!

I put new chain on Cs 590 and on 562Xp.....did a little comparison.

Really no comparison to be made....both saws weigh about the same but the 562 just plain blows the doors off the 590.

I tweaked the H on the 590 and it was better but still not in same league as 562.
Considering the price difference it shouldn't be in the same league as the 562. The 590 is a still a damn good saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That's the whole point, you're getting a pro level saw at a Rancher/Farmboss type price.
^^^^^^^ winner. The 590 is perfect people like me. I'm a fire wood hack that needed a saw that would run a 20" bar in PA hard woods mostly oak. My choices were the 590 or a ms362. My dealer sead the 362 wasn't $300 better and I'm glad I listened. IMG_20151025_130715.jpgAt $400 the saw payed for its self on this tree alone when I didn't have to do the bucking with the ms250 in the back ground.

My dealer setup my 590 when I bought it. Never ran a 029/290/291, but it will run away from a 455 husky. Speed doesn't meen much to me as I'm just heating the house so stock it stays for the long haul. View attachment 502648does great in big wood to.

LOL. take note that the "big wood" is surrounded by weeds for a scale comparison :laugh: you eastern guys are to much lol i cut the transom out of a boat today with a 141 husky. that was bigger wood then that LMAO! i'm just being a prick :D the branches i trimmed off the twigs today in my driveway were about as big as that big wood ;)

^^^^^^^ winner. The 590 is perfect people like me. I'm a fire wood hack that needed a saw that would run a 20" bar in PA hard woods mostly oak. My choices were the 590 or a ms362. My dealer sead the 362 wasn't $300 better and I'm glad I listened. View attachment 506814At $400 the saw payed for its self on this tree alone when I didn't have to do the bucking with the ms250 in the back ground.

it's all about getting it done. i would take a 590 even if they were the same price lol well maybe not. would be a tough call though.

LOL. take note that the "big wood" is surrounded by weeds for a scale comparison :laugh: you eastern guys are to much lol i cut the transom out of a boat today with a 141 husky. that was bigger wood then that LMAO! i'm just being a prick :D the branches i trimmed off the twigs today in my driveway were about as big as that big wood ;)

Well at least our wood is hard!!:ices_rofl:

it's all about getting it done. i would take a 590 even if they were the same price lol well maybe not. would be a tough call though.
I really wish I had a reason to own something bigger then 60cc other then I want it. Around my area if you can burry a 20" bar in it its a big tree. IMG_20160531_144124.jpg IMG_20160531_144249.jpgAround here this would be considered big. On a side note it was 95* the day these pictures were taken and the saws stock down to the limit caps. Not all 590s are lean or mine would surely be dead.

The way the carb is designed helps prevent lean issues, and hot air is also thin air. On top of all that it looks like you know what a sharp chain is, that sure helps.
I learned to file from @farmer steve the chain gets touched up ever tank or every other tank depending on how dirty the wood is. Sharp chain good mix = happy sawing.

I'll gladly save my $300+ and keep my echo and take another second or two on my cuts. I would rather have an old style engine like my husqvarna 51 than the new tech anyway.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well I made a comparison just yesterday. With a mm the 590 is plenty close to the 562 especially at the price difference, and lets be honest which one starts easier, which one will be more reliable? I know which I'd bet on.

Do you still have the base gasket in, if so it might be a second faster without it but I wouldn't bother as it cuts good already Steve

I might break out the McCinderblock or the 62cc Chinese clone for that, but probably would cut it with my old ported Cratsman/Poulan.

He's right though, there really is not much big wood around here any more. Given the storms of the last 5 years we've lost most of the larger oaks we had, both red and white. I don't look at oaks the same any more - they'd be pretty tough trees if they had a root system capable of supporting their mass.

that little pinner would come close to filling my f250 above the cab.

I wasn't saying the 590 isnt a good saw....just not nearly as fast as 562.

Also the Oregon chain that came with 590 had 2 cutters that were same direction in a row....lolol

Latest posts

Back