Echo 620p upgrades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's relatively easy to remove the baffle under the deflector, you just have to be careful not to 'grind' through the spot welds so far as you cut into the deflector. I used an air die grinder with an abrasive disc chucked in it. That and some slots in the inner baffle in the muffler does it.

Least the 590 don't come with a CAT in it...yet. I had to entirely replace the muffler on my top handle Echo and interestingly, Echo offers a no cat muffler for it and so does Forrester and it's listed on the Sawitagain website.

Keep in mind that the ignition module on the 590 is rpm limited whereas the 620 module isn't. I'm really not overly concerned with that as my 590 easily pulls a full bar (20") cut in seasoned oak on a ripping cut (with a sharp loop of course). I have it 'tuned' to where it pulls fine but slightly 4 strokes when free revved and I was able to do that without removing the limiter caps as well. I probably should have bought the 620 but I got a heck of a deal on the 590 so I bought that instead.

keep in mind that I only run canned fuel, either Echo Red Armor or Tru-Fuel 50-1. I don't like playing 'chemist' with corn gas and oil bottles from any brand and the canned fuel don't stink when burned either and produces little to no exhaust smoke as well.
My cs-306 came with a cat muffler and now uses a non cat muffler from a old 290 evl echo. Direct swap with no problems.

Latest posts

Back