Echo carb limiters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackJ

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I cut the tabs off the plastic carb limiters on my CS590 right after I got it, but I'm wondering if I can just throw the damn things away. I can't always tell if my screwdriver is turning the screw or just twisting the plastic.

The only reason I've kept 'em is to keep gunk from buildings up around the screws. But is that important?

Keep the plastic or toss?

I keep put mine back on after trimming, way easier to get the screwdriver into the limiter caps rather than the screws without caps plus they will keep the adjusters from vibrating. Steve

I trimmed them and reinstalled... easy to find adjustment and hopefully keep the adjustment in place. Unless their stripped or not pushed in all the way, they shouldn't be slipping. Doesn't take much effort to turn them either.

I got rid of mine completely, but I am finding it very difficult to engage a screwdriver into the screw slot from the outside of the housing while it is running.

The experts tell me it's rich :crazy2: So of course I have to adjust it. ;)

I'm thinking of making some extenders which fit over the screws and extend outside of the plastic housing, through the rubber access holes.

Echo make a very handy and inexpensive tool for removing the limiter caps without damage,fits other saws too. Then you can remove the limiters,cut the stoppers off them and then reinstall them,makes the mixture screws a lot easier to adjust than if you break or remove them.

Back