Echo CS-2510TES release date?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any info on when/if the new Echo CS-2510TES will be released in the US? I see dealers in the UK are selling it but it's not even on the Echo USA website yet.

The US did not get the Makita 231t/232t which is a rebranded made in japan Yamabiko product. Its been my favourite go to TH saw for years. Under 3kg with b/c pulling 10" 050 picco. The 231t was 'the lightest' saw currently sold but this new 2510tes is lighter with more power similar power to ms150t. My 231t has good torque only revved out to 10500 but is very capable and sees much more use than my 201/200t. Balance, power and wieght are amazing. This will be a big seller if it meets US EPA standards and is availible for sale. Hope it passes your regs as you guys are gonna love it.

I'd never heard of it, looks like a mini 355t how does it compare to the cs271t?

Here's the specs on it and a photohttp://www.yamabiko-corp.co.jp/echo_global/products/category_detail/id=8285http://www.yamabiko-corp.co.jp/echo_global/products/category_detail/id=8285
Should be comparable to the Stihl MS150TCE, which I've used a little and appreciate for fine pruning. I like my Echo CS-355T and this new saw would make a great pair. I'd bet the 2510 is held up in emissions testing. I have no idea what the MSRP is or how it compares in price to the 150T. Good to see they enlarged the fuel caps, the main complaint of the 355T.

By the specs, it's lighter and more powerful than the ms150T. Just my feeling that echo will price it to compete with the MS150t, which is 569.00 in Canada, which I'm willing to pay for that caliber of saw.
The problem is that echo has to fit it into its line up with its existing arborist saws. Typically price rises with power and displacement, but this saw, if priced to compete with the 150T, would be priced higher than the 355T, "their crowning achievement", which I think is a great saw for the money, I used to own one, now have a 200T.
From a marketing prespective, to compete with Stihl, I see echo ditching the 303T and the 271T. Relegating the 355t to compete with the 193T, selling the 2510tes and developing a new mag cased top handle on par with the 201T/540xp.

Now this is of course if echo wants to "get serious" about chainsaws in north America. It seems to me that they make a good product that competes with models 2 generations past and are still catching up.

Not echo bashing, I own a tc210, and a ppt-280 which I believe echo makes the best in class for those tools. ‎

Back