Echo CS-303T worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Charles

Mike Charles

ArboristSite Lurker
Just started working with a tree guy in my area. Picking it up very quickly (worked with chainsaws as a kid). Loving it so far and about to buy my first chainsaw. I firmly believe in buying what you can afford and working your way up as you earn.

I want to get into climbing and am looking for a decent climbing saw that for now I can use to cut up the stuff the main guy cuts from the trees. I spend too much time waiting for him to get down to hand me the saw.

Found a used Echo CS-303T for $175 I am having a terrible time finding quality reviews on this saw. Plenty of reviews for it's siblings which does me no good. Even Echo's site has a video for it that is actually the CS-355T (which i'd like to get eventually)

I am well versed mechanically and expect that I should be able to fix most problems that i come across (largely with help at first from this and other sites until i get over the initial learning curve)

Can anyone chime in on if this is a good saw or not? I'm gonna go check it out in person at 9am tomorrow.

Mike

stubnail67

stubnail67

Addicted to ArboristSite
the 303 is an older design dead nuts reliable....it probably needed a new rubber gas cap seal unless the tank was cracked.....and all used saws leak a lil oil.....

the 355ts have just dropped in price around 350 bux now...your always better off with a brand new saw.....

Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico

ArboristSite Operative
I picked up a near new 303 a couple weeks ago. I couldn't find many reviews but the price was right so I went for it. I was disappointed until I opened up the muffler and swapped the chain with a new stihl non safety chain. I'm impressed now, it's stronger and faster than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk