Echo CS-330T won't run. Timing off?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a saw recently that had a good spark but wouldn't run and I knew the intake system was good. I found out later that it had the wrong flywheel on it. Check the flywheel and ignition module part numbers against the illustrated parts list and make sure they are the right ones for that saw..

I've been looking on eBay at 330t flywheels and there's seems to be two different types. Trying to compare my pics with ones on eBay to see where mag would end up as my saw is at work. Looks like we're getting close

I will look at my cs 330t and take a pic of the coil and flywheel it is one of the last made orange ones so it may be different then yours.... think it was made in 2015 i bought in late 2016

It's alive! Found a picture of a different flywheel on eBay. Took keyway off my crank and repositioned flywheel as best I could judging by the eBay flywheel. Pulled it over couple times and it fired up. Felt doggy but could be timing, carb, cold blooded(didn't run it long) Thank you everyone for the help. The strange thing is I looked the flywheel up on echos website and the flywheel I have on the saw is the correct one? Maybe the crank or short block was replaced with a different one and then they could never get it to run again. How is this crank put together? Could it have twisted somehow? I know Polaris snowmobiles had a problem with cranks twisting and timing would be off

I have rebuilt many of these CS330T.
185PSI compression is not uncommon for a low hours saw.
All have been close to this, so with 125PSI, you have a problem.
Some will start and some will not.

Something else to check would be crank seals. I have seen at least two with sprocket side seal pushed out??
If seals are leaking badly, it will not start

Hi Giles, the base seal was leaking when I very first started working on this. Crank seals were air tight. The timing of saw is what's keeping it from running

There's a seal (liquid) between the upper and lower part of the engine. Lower case half is held on with four socket cap screws.

Ignition coil is a Walbro MBU-27. I'm not sure if that is correct as there's no Echo part number on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_135012.jpg
    IMG_20180922_135012.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back