Echo CS-590- Strange noise when idling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Terry

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently had my saw serviced. I ran it the other day and noticed an odd sound when it's idling. I have posted a link below to a short video of the saw running as i can't upload it here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aGxKvKFzV8sp1qEA9
Does this sound normal to you? Should i be concerned or am i just paranoid?

Thank you!

Had one do the same thing so I took it back and got another one, never did find out what was causing it since it was brand new and I didn't feel like figuring it out. Would still like to know what causes it though.

It sounds like the consensus maybe that it's nothing to panic over. Maybe i am just a little paranoid. Just to give you s little context I just got the saw back from the dealer having gone through the situation detailed in the thread below:

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/echo-cs-590-idling-problem.350389/
... So I am hoping that it's not anything serious!

Thanks for the input

Am I correct that it didn't make this noise before you took it in for servicing? If it started after the service, and it is of concern to you, I would maybe take it back in and explain it didn't make that noise prior to the work that was just done. I've never heard any of the saws I've operated make that noise. Definitely strange.

I
Am I correct that it didn't make this noise before you took it in for servicing? If it started after the service, and it is of concern to you, I would maybe take it back in and explain it didn't make that noise prior to the work that was just done. I've never heard any of the saws I've operated make that noise. Definitely strange.
I don't think that it was making that noise prior to service. But i am honestly not 100% sure. It could be that i am paying more attention right now. I certainly hadn't noticed it before

I

I don't think that it was making that noise prior to service. But i am honestly not 100% sure. It could be that i am paying more attention right now. I certainly hadn't noticed it before
If it were my saw I'd take it back and say it wasn't doing this before you serviced it. But I'm anal, and it would drive me crazy not knowing what it is. Up to you of course. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will come along who knows what it is.

If it were my saw I'd take it back and say it wasn't doing this before you serviced it. But I'm anal, and it would drive me crazy not knowing what it is. Up to you of course. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will come along who knows what it is.
Yeah, maybe someone else will come along...
Then someone else...

About all you can do is cycle through the normal points of regular maintenance unless it's a major, catastrophic failure.

Yeah, maybe someone else will come along...
Then someone else...
Then someone else...
Hard to diagnose thru text on a page without seeing or listening too...

About all you can do is cycle through the normal points of regular maintenance unless it's a major, catastrophic failure.
There's a video of the saw idling with the noise in question in the original post. Not as good as being there in person, but definitely better than just text.

Back