Echo CS-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewDavis

Reaction score
I currently own 3 older orange Echos. 315, 650, 750.

I've been offered a 610EVL, twin cylinder in mint condition. It was a demo, that has been hanging on a wall since it came out of the box.
I've been told by my local shops, that its a very powerful saw, and is very smoth. Being twin cylinder, its power is really more than you'd expect, but size is no more than my current 650.

I've never cut with this saw, is it as good as I've heard?
Is it worth buying?

Should I pass up a deal on one in such good condition?

Thank you in advance.

I would like to see a picture of this twin cylinder beast. Cannot tell you if its a deal unless you saw how much they want

Yea, how much?

The 610 was a great saw....absolutely the smoothest running saw that was ever made. I know of a dealer that has one on his shelf, never used, for $450 (if memory serves.) The downside is that it is unbelievably heavy. I heard it said that if that saw were produced today, it would sell for about $1300 new. Echo had some of the engines left over a few years ago and came out with a very short supply of a backpack compressor (one cyl. for the engine and the other for the compressor.) Had air pruners and loppers as accessories....maybe someone else remembers these.

Reply to Mike Patrick

Mike, that is very good information. Can you possibly pass me the name of that person that had one sitting on the shelf?

Thank you for the back ground ont he saw. I've handled one, a while back. Smooth, was the word that I've been told over and over.

Unfortunately it does not have enough power. I think that is why it did not stay on the market very long. It is vibration free and turns up real good but like other twin cylinder one man chain saws the manufacturers skimped on the cubes and suffered. No guts (torque). And for the power versus the weight it is too heavy.
Mike

Back