Echo CS330t--rebuild or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as long as the 271 uses 3/8"x.50 chain, the 12" bar should work. i removed the cats from some of my 360's. it helps to have a die grinder (and a good respirator.) a sharp chain is a must. as far as i can tell there's no difference between te 330 and 360 except 2mm of cylinder bore. good luck, you're going to like the 330.
Heyduke long time no talk how's life treating you. I got a few good pics of my 360t carb venturi work. Just ran it a few minutes ago in 8- weather and she ran strong20160110_111201.jpgbefore 20160110_130328.jpgafter

Just my opinion with the new block. Echo takes a while to break inn so don't rush it. I broke mine in with 40:1 synthetic. Before I did that I pulled my caps cause echos come tuned to run really lean and that's honestly why ur 330 got toasted. If you do break ur engine in with a high mix ratio then for sure remove the cat. Youl be impressed with ur saw once broke inn you can push on the saw and it will torque through anything you put it through.

Heyduke long time no talk how's life treating you. I got a few good pics of my 360t carb venturi work. Just ran it a few minutes ago in 8- weather and she ran strongView attachment 477670before View attachment 477671after

life is good, no work, snow has lasted almost two weeks and it's above zero, unlike in cottage grove. need a saw to work on and everything would be good. i'm looking for a 372 x-torq. 'zup with you?

life is good, no work, snow has lasted almost two weeks and it's above zero, unlike in cottage grove. need a saw to work on and everything would be good. i'm looking for a 372 x-torq. 'zup with you?
Work is slowed down but have a couple jobs still waiting. Seen a homelite mod forum about mm porting and other stuff and made me think my echo. So had to do something more. Can't just sit on the couch

I would love a 372 xp air injection saw.

I would love a 372 xp air injection saw.

yeah, i have a 575, which is a 72cc also, great saw. i had a bad experience with the 371, which we bought as a crew saw, when it first came out about 15 years ago, quickly toasted it's top end. i also didn't like the way it revved so high, over 13.5k, and had a really narrow power band, decided to stick with 272's. anyway, i know there's a 372 out there somewhere that has my name engraved on it's crankshaft. i'm sold on redmax/husqvarna stratified charge technology, (but wouldn't touch anything with auto tuning.)

yeah, i have a 575, which is a 72cc also, great saw. i had a bad experience with the 371, which we bought as a crew saw, when it first came out about 15 years ago, quickly toasted it's top end. i also didn't like the way it revved so high, over 13.5k, and had a really narrow power band, decided to stick with 272's. anyway, i know there's a 372 out there somewhere that has my name engraved on it's crankshaft. i'm sold on redmax/husqvarna stratified charge technology, (but wouldn't touch anything with auto tuning.)
Auto tune sucks nothing but problems. Why did you engrave the crank.

My 330 came to me locked up, and it had about 1/2 tank of straight gas--pretty sure that's why it's locked up! However, I always pull the limiter caps off all my equipment--well almost--haven't pulled them off my new 271! Been struggling with this--why have a new saw that doesn't run like you want it to??

Pulled the carb off the 330--getting it ready for the new shortblock. There was no return fuel line--don't see one on the parts listing. Help--anyone with a 330, how is the return fuel line routed?

tng it

My 330 came to me locked up, and it had about 1/2 tank of straight gas--pretty sure that's why it's locked up! However, I always pull the limiter caps off all my equipment--well almost--haven't pulled them off my new 271! Been struggling with this--why have a new saw that doesn't run like you want it to??

Pulled the carb off the 330--getting it ready for the new shortblock. There was no return fuel line--don't see one on the parts listing. Help--anyone with a 330, how is the return fuel line routed?

tng it
They don't use a return line they have a fuel supply and a diaphragm vent. Only time you se a return is if it has a primer bulb.

I have a 360t that I got for free. The guy had it laying in a corner of his barn with the chain off the bar. He said it didn't run. I ended up putting the chain back on, filling it with gas and it fired right up. It was a turd to begin with. I ended up removing the catalyst from the muffler and re tuned it. That made a night and day difference. I later on ended up breaking the case during a da attack. Found a used one on ebay and swapped my engine into it. These really are simple little saws.

I have a 360t that I got for free. The guy had it laying in a corner of his barn with the chain off the bar. He said it didn't run. I ended up putting the chain back on, filling it with gas and it fired right up. It was a turd to begin with. I ended up removing the catalyst from the muffler and re tuned it. That made a night and day difference. I later on ended up breaking the case during a da attack. Found a used one on ebay and swapped my engine into it. These really are simple little saws.

sounds like you reaped the benefits of another's ignorance. what is a "da attack?"

They don't use a return line they have a fuel supply and a diaphragm vent. Only time you se a return is if it has a primer bulb.
So the fuel connection is just there--not being used? The supply line is on the engine side of the carb(already worrying about reconnecting), then there is a second hose connection on the outside. Is that the one that is not connected to anything?
image.jpg

How come my free (almost) saws have locked up engines?? I want one of those good freebies! Actually my favorite grab and cut (always starts) saw is an Echo 346--bought off CL for $15. Guy had put bar oil in gas tank--didn't run on bar oil!!

So the fuel connection is just there--not being used? The supply line is on the engine side of the carb(already worrying about reconnecting), then there is a second hose connection on the outside. Is that the one that is not connected to anything?
View attachment 477773

glynnc-

i'll have to check in the shop tomorrow. i thought there was only one tube. if there are two tubes connected to the carb, one is a fuel supply line. the other is an "impulse" line. the impulse line transmits vacuum/pressure in the crankcase to power the diaphragm fuel pump in the carburetor. all chainsaws use this type of internal fuel pump. however, on many saws there is a duct cast into the case that connects to a port on the carburetor/case flange rather than an external plastic tube. as bikemike said, a return line is only needed if there is a primer bulb. one of my favorite things about the echo 330/360 is the lack of a primer bulb. the primer circuit always leaks eventually, and then your saw won't start.

when you have your saw apart, you should replace all the fuel and impulse lines.

View attachment 477773

my memory may be bad but i think that the hose barb in your picture is not connected. i think the carb is made to be used with either an external impulse line or the internal conduit cast into the case. i think the 330/360 uses the internal duct.

Dumb a** attack lol

i think i'm on my sixth 360t. i had two stolen from my shop in norcal ten years ago. i sold one last year and bought another soon thereafter. i have three in the quiver at present. i bought my first about 15 years ago. i don't think i've ever dropped one from a tree and i know i've never backed the truck or chipper over one, the three most common ways to destroy them. my oldest one in service is ten years old and still runs great and starts on three pulls cold, one warm, every time. i've got a stihl 020t and a husky 38cc top handle but the echos are my favorites. i've tried my best to kill them but they won't die.

11214101_10204884927746449_4374094038053096446_n.jpg nothing is connected to that nipple i thought i missed a line when i got my new one and took off the limiters....

nothing is connected to that nipple i thought i missed a line when i got my new one and took off the limiters....

that's what i thought but i wanted (still do) to check. it's too dark and cold to do it now. it's funny how some carbs have a different plate for external vs internal impulse lines. makes more sense to just go ahead and include both.

Back