Echo CS440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well yesterday I went back to the dealer with my FNL's cs440 for the 3rd time. Its never really ran right since day one. It won't transition from low to high without a huge lag or simply falls on its face and dies. And if you do get it on high speed it sounds labored. Cuts like crap.
As I entered the shop they accused me of just hating Echo's and the mechanic said Quote" I've cut more wood with an Echo than you have with all your saws combined...there ain't nothing wrong with it" end quote.
Well I said this is about THIS Echo! And it ain't right! No saw should stumble like this one does. I told my FNL (Lowell) the first time we took it back it wasn't going to get fixed there and it looks like I'm going to be right. I don't think Lowell wants me to take a shot at it and thats alright. I left it with them yesterday and showed up today for the saw and they said we didn't have time to look at it. My quess is they will never make the time and we will have to demand it back as is.
Basically can you believe this dealers arrogance!
Tomorrow I think I'll just order up a Dolmar 5100 and be done with it.

We had a CS-440, and it gave us a LOT of troubles. Turned out they left off the filter in the tank, and the carb ingested a bunch of debris in short order.

We put a filter on the fuel line in the tank, installed a new carb, and it ran flawlessly.

Even at it's best peak performance, it was hard pressed to effectively run an 18" bar, we installed a 16" bar instead. Pretty decent limbing saw, but it was stolen from a friend of mine who borrowed it before we really had much of a chance to cut a lot with it.....Cliff

Tell them they can KYG, ie, Kiss Your Grits, and take the saw back, then tell them you'll report their attitude to the regional dealership, then actually do it. Sell the saw to someone who wants/can work on it. Then go buy your Dolmar.

Sorry to hear you have an *ss to work with. Nothing like bad business to turn a guy off. Especially from someone who should be treating you with more respect being you're suppose to be the customer!.... and is suppose to be a natural thing to be nice to others.

StihlRockin'

Sounds like one of the many crappy dealers in my area - I got treated the same way over a POS Ryobi string trimmer..............

Well yesterday I went back to the dealer with my FNL's cs440 for the 3rd time. Its never really ran right since day one. It won't transition from low to high without a huge lag or simply falls on its face and dies. And if you do get it on high speed it sounds labored. Cuts like crap.
As I entered the shop they accused me of just hating Echo's and the mechanic said Quote" I've cut more wood with an Echo than you have with all your saws combined...there ain't nothing wrong with it" end quote.
Well I said this is about THIS Echo! And it ain't right! No saw should stumble like this one does. I told my FNL (Lowell) the first time we took it back it wasn't going to get fixed there and it looks like I'm going to be right. I don't think Lowell wants me to take a shot at it and thats alright. I left it with them yesterday and showed up today for the saw and they said we didn't have time to look at it. My quess is they will never make the time and we will have to demand it back as is.

I would call echo and demand my $$$$ back. I would also tell the guy to go **** his self and never buy anything from him again.

Your sig shows some nice huskys, why did your FIL not consider one of those?

btw, there is only one real 440.:hmm3grin2orange:

Your sig shows some nice huskys, why did your FIL not consider one of those?
This dealer is a friend of his,go figure. He has been dealing with him for years now. He is actually a Cub Cadet dealer who happens to sell a hodge podge of other stuff including Echo. Of coarse I think he has only sold maybe 4 saws ever. One to Lowell haha. And I'm not sure anything has ever really been fixed at this place either no matter what it was.
Hey WK, where is Amanda Ohio? If it's anywhere near our shop bring that saw over, I'll fix it for a couple of beers! ....Cliff
Thanks Cliff, just might consider the drive for a couple beers and....oh ye.... fix a saw.

Yea, report them to Echo. That customer service is horrible, I wouldn't give them a dime.

The local dealer here has my work done within 24 hours.

"Thanks Cliff, just might consider the drive for a couple beers and....oh ye.... fix a saw."

Come up anytime, we're about half out out of Newark, Ohio, just a little over an hour away from you if Amanda is just South of Rt 70 East of Columbus?

ALL of the Echo saws we obtained needed custom tuning, they are WAY off right out of the box. It may have other minor issues as well, like the 440 we had here....Cliff

Back