Echo cs600 p initial observations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently obtained an Echo cs600p on ebay from a Mister Money in ND. $376 shipped. Unused, but not in original box, and missing the tool kit. My first thought was that it was stolen, but, don't national chain pawn shops check with local police to avoid that?

Started and ran well. I removed the muffler and surprisingly found it to be non-catalytic. Looks to be very easily modified (soon). Anyone have experience modifying this model? The exhaust exits thru the top of the muffler and is diverted forward, but the top cover of the saw seems to get fairly hot. I'll try to think of a way to mod the muffler so as to make the exhaust exit thru the front of the muffler.

Pulled the H cap and turned it 1/4 turn CCW. I don't have a highly trained ear for tuning, so, does anyone have recommendations for carb settings?

Seems to be well made and simple to take apart. I was surprised to see a piece of flat woven rope type nylon utilized as part of the anti-vibe.

Overall, my initial impressions of this saw are very favorable compared to the Stihl, Homelites, Makita, and Echos that I currently own.

Recently obtained an Echo cs600p on ebay from a Mister Money in ND. $376 shipped. ... my initial impressions of this saw are very favorable compared to the Stihl, Homelites, Makita, and Echos that I currently own.

When are we getting a complete review after a month of use? And where are the corrosponding pics that are obligate here on this site? Man I'd be careful, others have been banned for much lesser misconduct. ;)

:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back