Echo CS610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just want to know what members think of this saw and possibly what one might be worth. There's one I can buy, price undetermined so far but it needs either one ignition module or both. I assume since it's a two cylinder is has two modules but I guess it wouldn't have to be...

I owned one for a while, did a few minor repairs and a lot of cleaning. paid $350 for it. IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0875.JPG It went for $1100 on flea-bay. The only saw I have ever owned that stayed in one place while idling. very smooth running saw. You will note the dual coils.

My take on them. Heavy for a 60cc but cut just like any other 60cc.

Have past up several in the $150 range 2 orange 1 yellow local area. Just had a chance to buy a yellow version for $100.

Folks seem to go all crazy and pay big money for some reason to collect them though. So if your into flipping them buy cheap folks pay the big $ for some reason. Heck folks that are patient can pick them up for cheap. ;)

This saw can be had for about $200 without bar and chain and no spark. Body of the saw looks fairly good but I'm sure could use a good cleaning. I don't know if anyone's done any testing on the saw to find out what's wrong with the ignition, probably not the coils since they probably wouldn't both go bad at the same time..

I'm just guessing but I'd bet that the coils aren't bad unless Echo made a bunch of bad ones. Since I was told it didn't hit at all I might imagine it could be the kill switch, a wire, or the module that controls both coils. Like I said, just guessing. I saw it today and though it's dusty looking it doesn't appear to have been abused..I'm going back there tomorrow to get some parts, might check it out again..

Back