Echo HC-152 orange replacement handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCMII

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Have Echo HC-152 that arrived with a broken handle. The original handle is orange in color but all the replacements are black ECH C410000920 . Does anyone know the number for the orange handle?

Have Echo HC-152 that arrived with a broken handle. The original handle is orange in color but all the replacements are black ECH C410000920 . Does anyone know the number for the orange handle?
Doesn't help, but I think all these echos I have seen are black. Is your front orange also?
It is ridiculous that so many items are damaged in shipment.
I received a chainsaw that was very well padded and had a broken rear handle. With shipping damage you should get reimbursed for cost or send back at sellers expense. Ebay considers shipping damage as "item not as described"
I just went through that.

Yeah, this was an eBay sale. From what I've seen the HC 152 is the only model with a grange handle. UPS didn't even bring it up to the house due to drive way snow ice. Its was standing up handle side down leaning against a tree when I got home. The saw didn't have a scratch on it until shipping! I filed complaint with UPS and seller yesterday. No response from seller and UPS didn't show up today for it. It was new in open box I paid 207.00 with shipping. But now I'm thinking why bother with ups and just fix the thing. Maybe seller will fork over 25 dollars for part + shipping. The other side is missing a bigger piece.

Yeah, this was an eBay sale. From what I've seen the HC 152 is the only model with a grange handle. UPS didn't even bring it up to the house due to drive way snow ice. Its was standing up handle side down leaning against a tree when I got home. The saw didn't have a scratch on it until shipping! I filed complaint with UPS and seller yesterday. No response from seller and UPS didn't show up today for it. It was new in open box I paid 207.00 with shipping. But now I'm thinking why bother with ups and just fix the thing. Maybe seller will fork over 25 dollars for part + shipping. The other side is missing a bigger piece.
For what its worth---I bought a Tanaka ECV4501 off eBay and, like I said, the rear handle was busted. I took photos of the box (no damage) and the saw, and sent to seller. He contacted UPS and then asked me what I wanted to do. I told him I would be satisfied if he would refund $80.00 cost of handle and I would replace. He agreed and said he would refund. Contacted me in a couple of days and told me he had settled with ups and would give me a full refund and I could keep the saw! WHAT ????
This seller has sold over 4K items with 100% FB. He didn't want to take a chance of messing that up .
When he told me that, I told him I would give him a Positive feedback if he just refunded agreed amount. He said "I am satisfied if you are, it's my problem not yours, UPS paid me.
I know this sound unbelievable but why would I make something like this up?
Just wish every seller was like this!

I either have a problem or there is a problem with this site.
I posted a reply and the above is what appeared???? Not what I intended to post.

I'm looking at about $25.80 for the handle C410000920 , handle lid C411000030, and flange nuts 9210805000, for parts including shipping to repair the trimmer myself. Maybe I'll ask him if that works out better?

Seller sent me an email saying he will pay for the damaged parts and shipping. I called Echo today and was told they stopped making the orange back handle in 2009.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428697177.043518.jpg
I got mine for free. I found it on the side of the road. So for the handle, spring and two triggers I have a total of $32 in mine. How did echo discontinued the orange mine is a 2014 model.

It particularly annoys me to have to pay for damage caused by the carrier. Looks like to me that they should pay for it when they did it. The seller is obligated to send it in a large enough box that is well padded though. That said, you can't pad one enough to be 100% safe but you need to try..

Back