Echos have some insane compression!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually gonna give him alot of credit for being interested in something cool even though its an echo. Atleast he is outside working it seems. Most of these kids now a days don't wanna get dirty or go outside cause there is no video games there or whatever. The kid needs a little work but he is learning.

that kid should not even be touching that saw,,,,it is very stout when cold,,thats why i always use the decomp when cold,,,guess he never knew there was 1 on it

I've watched my 10 yr old start my saws before and it goes fairly easy and well. This kids dad must be a moron too.:hmm3grin2orange:

My 12 year old daughter can start my homie with a 14" bar and she can run it good too. I don't let her attempt any bigger saws and she is well supervised. She always asks to run my bigger saws but she isn't big enough yet.

well i remember fishing one time and on of the family friends had his 12 year old son out wth him, and when we were getting wood the son wanted to help out and use his little poulan so the dad explained everthing very precise showed him how to start it run it and turn it off basically all the basics, then had the son do drills just pulling the starter and pulling it over, then would step it up till the kid could start it on his own with no problems, tho he still supervised the son as well. Something the kid in the video could use, also a smaller saw as stated.

edit- he also had ppe gear for the kid

I've watched my 10 yr old start my saws before and it goes fairly easy and well. This kids dad must be a moron too.:hmm3grin2orange:

There is no doubt the parents (if there are two...) probably have no idea how to doU] a darn thing. They probably think their boy is "the man" for being able to start the saw. "Good job honey!!!" is what they'd yell out the open back door without even glancing out. Beer and TV are certainly more important than doing things.

I'm a firm believer 95% of kids will turn out only as good as their parents, and oftentimes even worse.

What I found interesting, other than his lack of training and the resulting potential for injury, is he said, "I've used it about five times since I bought it."

He also refers to the chainsaw as an Echo Ch-600P; maybe the Ch model doesn't have a decomp :laugh:?

so judgmental....

some of you guys must have lived really boring lives as a kid, when I was his age I could start and use everything in the garage that meant the pickup truck also, I learned to drive it at age 10 and was falling trees using chainsaws that were taller than I was if you stood them on end........just a bunch of liberal morons that think kids shouldn't learn how to do stuff until you feel they are old enough, at what age should a kid be allowed to start and use power equipment....

Look at this kid trying to start a 600p, he also claims its a very very heavy piece of machinery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5QtrnBfZyk&feature=related

Clay ,wernt you rigorously defending the 600p last week when guys were saying it wasnt a "real saw" ?
seems youve had a change of heart?

quote from the youtube video:
"You think a echo 600p is a heavy machine!?!?! Just wait til you get a real saw......" - Clayster89 16 hours ago

although i think the kid on youtube has a point, the 600p powerhead alone is almost a pound heavier than the 361 powerhead... sawtroll himself will tell you this is unsatisfactory
:hmm3grin2orange:

on the other hand, the kid could be sitting inside playing ####360, screaming aat his television, while texting on his cellphone, and fighting with his sister.. the kid is all gung ho about chainsaws and pole pruners, thats pretty cool, if this is the worst thing this kid does when his parents arnt around, id say his parents are pretty dam lucky.. loll

(why do they bleep out x b o x ?!?!)

Last edited:
Goooooooooood Grief, what in the world is wrong with a bunch of you!

He may not even have a dad. If he was my boy and I had told him
to leave the saw alone. I would spank his butt and give him a good
talking too. But I would be proud of him inside for trying starting it
and not out some where starting to try using dope, or setting on his butt in the house.

Calling him a POSER!........how old are you Brad?

Like to see him start MY BIG SAW what is that about?
Yes he had trouble but he never give up, plus he was able
to post his video on-line. How many of you done your first
video at his age. Heck give him some pointers, not hell
Some of you maybe jealous of the boy as your kid is fat and lazy...I hope not!

Maybe I should have keep my mouth shut, but some of the post hit a nerve with me.

If you want to give me heck over this post, I will be back in a day or two.

Goooooooooood Grief, what in the world is wrong with a bunch of you!

He may not even have a dad. If he was my boy and I had told him
to leave the saw alone. I would spank his butt and give him a good
talking too. But I would be proud of him inside for trying starting it
and not out some where starting to try using dope, or setting on his butt in the house.

Calling him a POSER!........how old are you Brad?

Like to see him start MY BIG SAW what is that about?
Yes he had trouble but he never give up, plus he was able
to post his video on-line. How many of you done your first
video at his age. Heck give him some pointers, not hell
Some of you maybe jealous of the boy as your kid is fat and lazy...I hope not!

Maybe I should have keep my mouth shut, but some of the post hit a nerve with me.

If you want to give me heck over this post, I will be back in a day or two.

you just got your first nova......

Yall see him just barely enough strength to get that big chainbrake back:hmm3grin2orange: My girlfriend can fire up my poulan while holding it and she is probably about his size...

At least the kid's girlfriend doesn't have to start his saws for him.;)

some of you guys must have lived really boring lives as a kid, when I was his age I could start and use everything in the garage that meant the pickup truck also, I learned to drive it at age 10 and was falling trees using chainsaws that were taller than I was if you stood them on end........just a bunch of liberal morons that think kids shouldn't learn how to do stuff until you feel they are old enough, at what age should a kid be allowed to start and use power equipment....

you mean--like experimenting,, with dynamite???? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

My 12 year old daughter can start my homie with a 14" bar and she can run it good too. I don't let her attempt any bigger saws and she is well supervised. She always asks to run my bigger saws but she isn't big enough yet.

This is what I'm talking about. He supervises closely, and she has a saw that fits her and is easy for her to pull over.

How many men you see step on the top cover of their saws and give it a tug!

Its good entertainment.

He just needs someone to show him where to put his foot when starting.
And a few other things, it may not be long before he finds AS and all
you guys that made fun of him. Well he may be a computer wiz and send you all a big bad virus.

The old saying "Watch what toes you step on today as the may be
connected to the feet you have to kiss tomorrow" :hmm3grin2orange:

TT

Clay ,wernt you rigorously defending the 600p last week when guys were saying it wasnt a "real saw" ?
seems youve had a change of heart?

quote from the youtube video:
"You think a echo 600p is a heavy machine!?!?! Just wait til you get a real saw......" - Clayster89 16 hours ago

although i think the kid on youtube has a point, the 600p powerhead alone is almost a pound heavier than the 361 powerhead... sawtroll himself will tell you this is unsatisfactory
:hmm3grin2orange:

on the other hand, the kid could be sitting inside playing ####360, screaming aat his television, while texting on his cellphone, and fighting with his sister.. the kid is all gung ho about chainsaws and pole pruners, thats pretty cool, if this is the worst thing this kid does when his parents arnt around, id say his parents are pretty dam lucky.. loll

(why do they bleep out x b o x ?!?!)
Always got to be someone in the crowd that wants to start some sh** and assume something. I was referring to my poulans that out weigh that thing. Why are you assuming i think the echo is junk? Does it even matter? Thanks for bringing my youtube quote over here as well. Just gotta prove your point right!?!?!

I just aint the mood tonight for this bs.

Always got to be someone in the crowd that wants to start some sh** and assume something. I was referring to my poulans that out weigh that thing. Why are you assuming i think the echo is junk? Does it even matter? Thanks for bringing my youtube quote over here as well. Just gotta prove your point right!?!?!

I just aint the mood tonight for this bs.

The-Joker.jpg

Back