Echo's Newest Saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javelin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have had the Echo rep hounding me about becoming an echo dealer! After much thought and review I asked him why such a big spread in there saw lineup? He said what do you mean? I said you have the new 530 but then you go to the 670 which has been around nearly 30yrs! He said that the 670 is being replaced by a 680! Well I was on Echo's corporate site and there are several new ones! The one that Stands out to me is the new CS600 a 60cc saw that looks like it could be a player! I have shot an email to my buddy that was working on getting me some cs1201's I am going to see if I can get one of these and put it to the test! Question to everyone if this can be done anyone want to give one a workout?:chainsaw:

I have had the Echo rep hounding me about becoming an echo dealer! After much thought and review I asked him why such a big spread in there saw lineup? He said what do you mean? I said you have the new 530 but then you go to the 670 which has been around nearly 30yrs! He said that the 670 is being replaced by a 680! Well I was on Echo's corporate site and there are several new ones! The one that Stands out to me is the new CS600 a 60cc saw that looks like it could be a player! I have shot an email to my buddy that was working on getting me some cs1201's I am going to see if I can get one of these and put it to the test! Question to everyone if this can be done anyone want to give one a workout?:chainsaw:

send me the 600.
send me the 1201 too if you like. i have just the thing to test it (48" oak).

edit: if the 530 is in the same family as the cs-440 then they can keep it. i'd also bet dollars to donuts that the 600 will be a small bore 680 and the 680 merely a freshened 670. not an all new saw.
:cheers:

Last edited:
The 530 is suppose to be a higher output 510-520! If you go to the corporate site the new 600 is a diffrent build than the 670! Or at least it looks diffrent the av mounts are diffrent! Actually a very Eye pleasing saw! I am thinking this saw could be a good dream saw to fill the small 60 cc pro class saws! Pricing I think will be competitive as well but we will see! Certainly a much better looking saw than the new Redmax that thing is ugly!:confused:

Saw (no pun intended) some echo's at my husky dealer. He is selling quite few to HO & non-commercial users. The new 530 is his best seller of the Echo line.

He claims very few problems and the 5 year warranty is a selling point as well...

Still working on the 1201! I have run into problems getting that one! Problems like no safety emissions etc. and they want a 1,000 unit prepaid order! Yea right!

ok.
after seeing the austrian line-up........
i take back what i said about the 600. looks a little stihl like! maybe they are headed in the right direction!:clap:

but they can still keep the 530. no doubt that it shares in the cs440 lineage.

Last edited:
I may be wrong about the CS-1201 however, from what I understand it is much like the Stihl 090. While it is still manufactured, it is not allowed into the States because of being non-EPA compliant. It could always be smuggled in someway I guess. I don't think there would be anyone to honor the warranty either and parts would be a bit difficult to come across. This would probably be a bit of a deterrent to someone whom intended to use the saw but to a collector maybe not.

Rumor has it Shindaiwa is coming out with a 60cc saw! I wonder with the joint venture between Echo and Shindaiwa if the new CS-600 echo will be in the Shindaiwa line!

Rumor has it Shindaiwa is coming out with a 60cc saw! I wonder with the joint venture between Echo and Shindaiwa if the new CS-600 echo will be in the Shindaiwa line!

the 600 might have its roots in a shinny design. that would explain why it looks so different from the rest of the echo line.
600 = promising!

You know I am kind of liking that Idea! a shared design between two respected companies to produce what looks to be a very promising product!:)

Hi Javelin,
>>Establishment of Yamabiko Corporation
Kioritz Corporation, Tokyo, Japan and Shindaiwa Corporation, Hiroshima, Japan established a joint hlding company "Yamabiko Corporation" on December 1st, 2008 by means of transfer of stocks of both companies.
Consequently, both Kioritz Corporation and shindaiwa Corporation have become wholly-owned subsidiaries of Yamabiko Corporation.<<

I like the Echo saws I have, one of which is a 520. Once you richen the engines up they run great.

Best wishes,
Bob

The CS-600 weighs in at 13lb’s claimed by Echo. I have always liked their trimmers but wonder why they choose not to advertise horse power. Are they afraid of lower numbers than the competition?
13lb’s for 59.8 cc CS-600 vs. 13.6lb’s for Dolmars 79cc PS-7900

All I can say is Echo’s CS-600 better be one heck of a saw when its only 9.6 ounces less than the 7900 Dolmar.

The CS-600 weighs in at 13lb’s claimed by Echo. I have always liked their trimmers but wonder why they choose not to advertise horse power. Are they afraid of lower numbers than the competition?
13lb’s for 59.8 cc CS-600 vs. 13.6lb’s for Dolmars 79cc PS-7900

All I can say is Echo’s CS-600 better be one heck of a saw when its only 9.6 ounces less than the 7900 Dolmar.

:bringit: :bringit: That's a very good point that you bring up. 600 echo looks great but I would wonder too about the hp. the warranty is great but who wants to always bring a saw back to be fixed!!! I want to know the price and the HP. how can we make a good choice without the info?? I would say 7900 for weight to HP and they still our very fair on the $$$$. :clap: :poke: We need more information to make a good choice. thanks Bill

Latest posts

Back