Eco Fan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, for all of the replies. I don’t think this going to work for me. I have to burn my stove around 650 degrees when the temperature is around zero. I know I occasionally blow by 750 degrees.

I believe you can reduce the temperature by placing a ceramic plate or some type of plate between the stove and the fan to reduce the stove temp.

Thanks, for all of the replies. I don’t think this going to work for me. I have to burn my stove around 650 degrees when the temperature is around zero. I know I occasionally blow by 750 degrees.

I think you would then get more use out of a stirling engine driven fan like the heat wave. It can withstand more heat then the thermgenic models up to 1K. If you check out there home page and read into it http://www.thermalengines.com/about_heatwave.html it says if your stove is to hot for the fan call the fire department cause your house is on fire.

I believe you can reduce the temperature by placing a ceramic plate or some type of plate between the stove and the fan to reduce the stove temp.

You could but then the metal under the ceramic increases in temperature. We left a ceramic tile ontop of our wood stove and then had it cranked up and cooked the flat black finish off abit under the tile... Maybe warped the top a bit too but its hard to tell. Probably a little metal "table" would be better for the ecofan to sit on if you like to get the stove very hot!
We get the top up to 700-800F then damp it down to get long clean burns. So I guess we'd have to figure something out to use an ecofan.
Ian

Back