efco 152....would you pay 3 bills for new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Local store has a couple 152 for 300. Think it would be a decent price?

My local Efco dealer sells the 152 for $395. The best price I have found on the internet (ebay) is $360
It sounds like a fair enough deal to me.

FWIW I really like my CS56's (Efco 156)...

I've got a 156. It's one of (if not the) my favorite saws. I barely use the stihl 026 anymore.

i just recently sold an n.o.s. cub cadet 5220, took a while to sell on c-list, finally sold for 215., not sure i'd buy another, but thats just me.....................

It's a great saw! But if you plan on making money in the future with any sale of the saw, then it's not the right saw for you. If on the other hand you buy the saw to cut wood with then I would jump on it. Especialy if you think about the amount of wood you could cut with it and sell. Then it will have paid for itself in a very short time! As usual the unknown brands go for little money but that doesn't mean the quality is bad!

heck yeah man great deal there $395 here. once you get it. the best thing you can do
Is loose that puny .325 chain and swap out the bar, chain and rim for 3/8 with a skip chain
now were talking about a firewood eatin machine.

I have put over 600 tanks of gas thru the 152 model of saws. They are a very good saw. They are not a "pro" saw as stated by Efco's own marketing. They are however a step above most brands "farm" or "ranch" saws. They are 4 port, closed port, non clamshell design. No plastic crankcase, but plastic saw body/tank, also spring av and relatively light. When I sold Efco, I had the least issues with the 152 model. Good saw, still have 2. 1 stock, 1 ported.

Whitedogone - I did buy one for $300 OTD, so I think it is an excellent value, especially when you look at what Stihl and Husky offer at that price level.

And Stihlcrazy - Your excellent thread was what pushed me over the top on this decision!

Bought a 156 also at the same time. Only bad part is it will be several weeks before I get to put either in wood...

Whitedogone - I did buy one for $300 OTD, so I think it is an excellent value, especially when you look at what Stihl and Husky offer at that price level.

And Stihlcrazy - Your excellent thread was what pushed me over the top on this decision!

Bought a 156 also at the same time. Only bad part is it will be several weeks before I get to put either in wood...

Have not pulled the trigger yet.

Until the MS271 came out Stihl had no saw that was a direct competitor to the 152. MS250 below and MS290 above. The MS271 is a nice saw, apart from weight.

Back