Efco???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word on the street is Efco is going with a 5 year residential warranty similar to Echo. Sometime this year is what my dealer tells me. Still think anything they make below 60cc is junk. They are good engines but after a couple months they start to fall apart everywhere else.

I have a 455 rancher Husky and just this fall bought an Efco 52 cc I think. I love it and prefer it to my husky. The action is nice and the compression button is great.

No wonder - the 455 is a dud of a Husky.....

...and I believe the Efcos are pretty good, but not as good as the pro Huskys.

The AV has been said to be Efcos weak point, but I have no personal experiense - just a lot of reading trough the years.

Last edited:
Hi,
Hey PlantBiologist, what do you base your "fall apart everwhere else" on??? I have had a Efco 952 for a couple of years and have not had one problem running it commercial, I also use to have a Efco MT3700 37cc saw, excellent little saw, great for limbes, cleanup, etc, etc. Yes, they do have 5 year warranty, you can't beat that. Have a great day. Ryan

Hi,
Hey PlantBiologist, what do you base your "fall apart everwhere else" on??? I have had a Efco 952 for a couple of years and have not had one problem running it commercial, I also use to have a Efco MT3700 37cc saw, excellent little saw, great for limbes, cleanup, etc, etc. Yes, they do have 5 year warranty, you can't beat that. Have a great day. Ryan

The cub cadet saws that I see in your signature are the saws that I am talking about. Used to sell them at TSC and had a bunch come back because something would break and make it inoperable. Seen 2 triggers break on the inside, tanks split at the seam, plastic choke piece falls off, etc. My uncle has the John Deere 56cc saw, it had the trigger and other small stuff fixed and it is only a year old. Now his oiler quit working, he threw it in the junk pile.

If the saw is working good for you, that is great and glad to hear it. I have seen too many problems with them and now I try to steer people away from them. Their larger saws on the other hand seem to be pretty well built.

Latest posts

Back