Elevator Chain????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Splitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
My elevator/ conveyor chain broke and im having the hardest time figuring out how to get these damn links aparts. It is #55 Detachable Chain i got the tool with it but what the heck...... Im twisting the links for so i can get the pieces aparts but do i pry or hammer or what....?
Thanks

Hard to describe, But I loosen the chain as much as possible, rotate the link so the plate lines up with the slot, and go at it with a Hammer. I hate having to work with that stuff. Good Luck!

Ya, it's hard to explain. A hammer is gonna be necessary. You line up the link with the gap and then you can swing it into place with the lip on the chain. I just did it a month or so ago, it was a pain.

I had to spread the gap on both the old chain pieces and the new. Used a chisel for that.

I wish my tool was available to help you. Just bend the chain back on itself and you should be able to tap the link through the slot. The tool merely holds the chain stationary while you line up the link to drive it out. To install, just reverse the process.

Latest posts

Back