Elvax Chaps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are great. As are Labonville, a site sponsor. They are both made in the USA. Elvex just rebuilt their factory after a horrible fire.

I have both, they are both fine, and they both suit their purpose. I have cut through the elvex chaps and replaced them once. I still have a leg to prove it too...

I have however switched entirely and wear protective pants now. Only because I walk a lot when I cut. Firewooding, chaps are fine, but trudging around in the woods all day, up and down from the tractor or skidder... Pants rule.

Jason

I've got some Elvex PPE for work, and they make quality stuff. I tried on a pair of their chaps and thought they were stiff and heavy. They might make Echo's chaps, seemed very similar. Swedepro (who's factory burnt down) makes Stihl's chaps, and are more comfortable to me. I'd recommend going to a shop and trying a pair on to see what length you need. According to how they tell you to measure your size, I'd need a 36" pair, but when I tried them on I needed 40".

Thanks Mike for the correction, I didn't even notice that I was talking about the wrong brand. The vest that I have is Elvex, I don't have Elvex chaps. They are the SwedePro from down South...

Sorry about the confusion.

Jason

Latest posts

Back