employees bringing dogs to work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been working for a small tree company in Colorado for a week now and I was surprised that two employees bring their dogs to the jobs. I think it's unprofessional but so far customers haven't said anything I guess. The dogs aren't kept on leashes and run through neighbors' yards. Usually they don't even ask the customer if it's OK to let the dog out of the truck. Have you seen this before? Comments?

I can say that I'd be ****** if they **** in my yard of scuffed with my dogs.

I would say to be professional and leave the dogs at home..i have had friends invite there dogs into my house before too. Needless to say i asked both dogs and owner to leave..a jobsite with chainsaws runnjng is no place for a dog..plus the damn dogs owner is no doubt constantly yelling at their dogs..****.. i hate dogs and there owners..lol

Had a few groundies in Houston that would show up with a dog, I'd make em stay in their car. Usually they'd just spend
all day on their phone, wasn't that big a deal, really...

As long as they didn't think they were gonna be getting into any of the company beer, I could probably handle it.:laugh:

I've been working for a small tree company in Colorado for a week now and I was surprised that two employees bring their dogs to the jobs. I think it's unprofessional but so far customers haven't said anything I guess. The dogs aren't kept on leashes and run through neighbors' yards. Usually they don't even ask the customer if it's OK to let the dog out of the truck. Have you seen this before? Comments?

Not me, I live in a civilized neighborhood,,,,,,,,:dancing:
Jeff

OP so what don't you like dogs? Who cares. Is the guys name Pete I think I know him ?
The OP never said he didn't like dogs. He's saying it's unprofessional. I could see, maybe, leashing a dog to the truck, but running everywhere, nope.

My dog is with me all day, but he stays in the truck when I'm delivering wood and he's leashed up or contained to the back of the shop just in case someone doesn't want to pet a 65lb lab. (Crazy right?)

No dog, but I do have a helper. I check with clients when I do the quote if they are okay with dogs, 99.9% are, although I dont take her as often as I used to.
Drags sticks, returns strops and carries gear.

DjOyV.jpg

If the dog is working, either as a service dog or other related thing, that's one thing but if they're hanging out just so they don't chew up the owner's ratty old couch, digging up grass, and running/crapping around the customer's lawn, that's another matter.

To the OP - if the dog were to get hurt, really hurt requiring multi-thousands of dollar of vet bills, who's on the hook for that?

If your dog is helping you out on a job site that is one thing. However I still feel like any additional "land mines" being created is just unnecessary. Too many times have I been trying to wipe dog doodoo off my boot on the stop into the truck while driving down the road because I didn't notice it was there until too late.

Back