english climbers ? heard about this hse ruling double tie-in ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if you had said ; Any you uk female climbers, heard about the HSE trying to enforce another law, you would have recieved countless replies.....you must remember mate this is an american site and replies to posts are very scarce if posted outside the u.s........and by the way the hse cannot enforce anything!!! they can only advise.

well guys the reason i asked is because i have a freind who works for glendales and he told me this came up at a managers metting a few days ago , might just be company policy who knows , i left there a few years ago meself thank god ,
little incident involving a certain area manager and me fist (heck he fell on it ;) ) later

i will climb how ive always climmed ,im sick of pencil pushers telling us how too work i had to get a ticket for stump grinders yet ive had a stump grinder for nearly 10 years ..also NPTC make me sick there courses have doubled in price in the last few years now there talking about brining out a health and safety ticket so that we can get insurance more rubbish...nptc monoplise this industry..sorry forgetting off the subject i just detest nptc...........

Hi Jamie , good to meet a fellow Scot, I'm from Glasgow, and unfortunatly work in England right now, but plan to change that soon, no offence to any english climbers, just the thieves who keep relieving me of thousands of pounds worth of equipment, Who you working for Jamie and where? All the best

edinburgh

ah you're a wedgie then.....bah....

:D

im working for edinburgh woodlands, based out in west calder....fun

in a bit of a rush at the mo

jamie

I'm a pure Yank of Scottish extraction (note the surname) so I really know nothing about the trials of working in the U.K. beyond what I read here. I'm glad to note ms200's post that HSE can advise but not enforce. Perhaps not all freedoms are completely lost on your side of the pond!:) The same path is being followed over here-bureaucrats seek to enforce "rules" as laws and while the people grumble, they comply--and freedom erodes.
May God bless you all,

pah to double tie ins!

how the hell are you supposed to work when tied in twice? beats me , never used it and never will. hang on, do they meen all the time or just for positioning? like you have your anchor point fair does, but another at all times or just strop on when you get into cutting position? i used to work for glendales as a chargehand and loved it, they were the best and most progressive company ive worked for and we all had such a high standard of work its just they dont pay much so had to go local authority unfortunately.:( that sucks but hey they are willing to learn so thats a bonus. the hse can only advise but when the ???? hits the fan accident wise, they can come down hard; why didnt you take our advise? they say and bam, fine city

Back