EPA and saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well cuse me. The man posted a question and here came a bunch of whinning BS and theroy with no actual facts to back up any of it. The poster proved his point with actual data and the reply he got to his question was pure non-sense. You may overlook it, thats your choice. I decided not to and if you don't like it thats just too bad, for you, not me,LOL

You could have chosen to overlook or disagree with some or all of the points that were made in that post. Instead you decided to whine and insult, that is too bad for everyone and accomplishes nothing but increased animosity. That's OK you got what you wanted, I just don't understand why you want it.

You could have chosen to overlook or disagree with some or all of the points that were made in that post. Instead you decided to whine and insult, that is too bad for everyone and accomplishes nothing but increased animosity. That's OK you got what you wanted, I just don't understand why you want it.

That's easy, reduced durability means more work.

Well cuse me. The man posted a question and here came a bunch of whinning BS and theroy with no actual facts to back up any of it. The poster proved his point with actual data and the reply he got to his question was pure non-sense. You may overlook it, thats your choice. I decided not to and if you don't like it thats just too bad, for you, not me,LOL

Don't get you panties in a wad Tommie!!!

I didn't say one thing against the labs at your beloved Stihl company, I'm sure they are top notch.

What I said, and continue to say, is the E.P.A. is just like a magician.
They divert your attention to what they want you to believe, and hide what doesn't play into their agenda.
You may want to overlook it, thats your choice. I decided not to.

Mike

I got nothing, I just called the reply to the question exactly what it was, total BS. Here's the question the poster put up:

"Let me say that again slower so you can understand. Stihl tested their chainsaw and said it emitted that much HC, NOx, and CO. Why would they slant their results to claim their saw is dirtier than it is? "

If you noticed it was never answered, any idea why? The reply he got was what it was, BS. Seems your starting to whine abit yourself over my calling BS what it is, touchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Don't get you panties in a wad Tommie!!!

I didn't say one thing against the labs at your beloved Stihl company, I'm sure they are top notch.

What I said, and continue to say, is the E.P.A. is just like a magician.
They divert your attention to what they want you to believe, and hide what doesn't play into their agenda.
You may want to overlook it, thats your choice. I decided not to.

Mike

I'm fine Mike, cool as can be. I did find your reply to his question not even a answer, it was skirting the issue, sorta like what those politcians do that you hate. Whats the ole saying , don't become what you hate. Fact is those labs and data are real proof saws do run a helluva lot dirtier than cars. You may not beleive it but its true and politicing isn't going to change it, 2cycle engines run dirtier than any other engine made, those are the facts. EPA cleaning them is no issue to me one way or the other, hint, my saws run dirty, real dirty thanks to, opppppppps, I know nothing,LOL

I wonder why they lump HC and NOx together, being as they are two entirely different emissions.
You're gonna have a lot of hydrocarbons with an air cooled 2stroke because it depends on excess fuel for cooling but the oxides of nitrogen should not be that high since they are formed at high temps.
Am I missing something here or is this a non issue?

No need to repost, I can and did read both the question and response the first time. I will defer to my previous post regarding the remainder of your comments.

I'm fine Mike, cool as can be. I did find your reply to his question not even a answer, it was skirting the issue, sorta like what those politcians do that you hate. Whats the ole saying , don't become what you hate. Fact is those labs and data are real proof saws do run a helluva lot dirtier than cars. You may not beleive it but its true and politicing isn't going to change it, 2cycle engines run dirtier than any other engine made, those are the facts. EPA cleaning them is no issue to me one way or the other, hint, my saws run dirty, real dirty thanks to, opppppppps, I know nothing,LOL

Well,well, well tommy everyone almost uses autos on a daily basis so add up the sum of that vrs saws and then we'll get a bigger picture. I think it's in the best interest to eliminate dealerships selling too many saws.

No need to repost, I can and did read both the question and response the first time. I will defer to my previous post regarding the remainder of your comments.

Muley I'm not here to argu with you. What I said to Mike was to Mike. He and me don't seem to have any problem saying what we think to each other, we're big boys and its nothing personal, just points of view. You on the other hand took up what I said to him and commented on it. Thats fine and dandy but in doing so I get to respond back. Therefore you deter to your previous post and I'll stick with the question was never answered, thats my story and I'm sticking to it, ya dig, we cool now, I am, hope you are too..

Well,well, well tommy everyone almost uses autos on a daily basis so add up the sum of that vrs saws and then we'll get a bigger picture. I think it's in the best interest to eliminate dealerships selling too many saws.

Well I think everyone should hire Jose and get rid of those high dollar arborists, they tear up more saws, I sell more saws, LOLOLOLOLOL

I hate to even bring this up, but the EPA is now attempting to regulate CO2 emissions more stringently as well. This point is probably not valid and total BS to some, but saws might not be considered more harmful with regard to "emissions that represent a danger to the public" for long. So much for "All your putting out is talking points heard everyday on right wing radio and cable, no wonder ole Rush is super rich, him and his sheep,LOLOLOL" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:SB123531391527642021.html

I hate to even bring this up, but the EPA is now attempting to regulate CO2 emissions more stringently as well. This point is probably not valid and total BS to some, but saws might not be considered more harmful with regard to "emissions that represent a danger to the public" for long. So much for "All your putting out is talking points heard everyday on right wing radio and cable, no wonder ole Rush is super rich, him and his sheep,LOLOLOL" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:SB123531391527642021.html

Interesting stuff there Muley, most interesting is the date of the piece, 2/23/09. Why if you hadn't brought that up I would swear it hasn't happened yet, hehe

BTW $32,000,000 a year is super rich to me, maybe pocket change to you, I don't know,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Honestly THALL I did not go looking for that. I just thought it was kinda curious that there was no mention of CO2 in the test tables that were linked and wondered why since they like to talk about it a lot lately. Kinda looks like it might be there soon and I thought this fit with how I understood Mikes reply.

Interesting stuff there Muley, most interesting is the date of the piece, 2/23/09. Why if you hadn't brought that up I would swear it hasn't happened yet, hehe:

Now I gotta go looking.

BTW $32,000,000 a year is super rich to me, maybe pocket change to you, I don't know,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Yes that is rich, and likely the only part of your comment that might be valid.

Honestly THALL I did not go looking for that. I just thought it was kinda curious that there was no mention of CO2 in the test tables that were linked and wondered why since they like to talk about it a lot lately. Kinda looks like it might be there soon and I thought this fit with how I understood Mikes reply.

Ya mean it was one of those internet pop ups, spyware is a pain,haha

Now I gotta go looking.

Yes that is rich, and likely the only part of your comment that might be valid.

Welp you go looking. I'm sure you will find tons of stuff that will make the EPA and all government agenices look like boogy men, some sites will say even the military is bad. Keep your dates up to snuff, stay recent. I'll check back tomorrow and see whatcha found, niters for now...

Welp you go looking.

Already been posted for a while.

The poster proved his point with actual data and the reply he got to his question was pure non-sense.

I'm sure you will find tons of stuff that will make the EPA and all government agenices look like boogy men, some sites will say even the military is bad.

Careful not to spring your own trap there big guy, and this is straight from the EPA. Must have been fact before and BS now?

You guys keep mentioning CO2 and that the EPA says it is a greenhouse gas and wondering where it is on these tests. It's not a greenhouse gas, and they never said it was. People breath out CO2 and it is basically harmless. CO is what they are referring to, which is a greenhouse gas and is emitted any time you burn pretty much anything regardless of how "clean" your fuel source and ignition area (in this case engines) are.

Latest posts

Back