Ever Buy something and not get what you bought ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Mike pretty damn well.......I find it hard to believe that this is how he acted.

Maybe he was having a bad day.

This side of the converstaion.

OK, send it back.

Ok, send it back.

Ok, send it back....

Yes, you too.

Yes, you too.

Thank you,

Thank you,

Thank you...

More or less.

My bad , I didn't read glocks first post fully .

Seems like this sort of thing is going rampant lately, Thank goodness we have guys like Randy to help some of these guys out. Anyway I just talked to the op on the phone and give him permission to post the name. It is false advertising. I have also got the site owners involved. It's not a lot of money, just the principle of it. we will see what happens.

Chainsawr is the Sponsor Here on AS

I ordered what was posted on his site the Clean One pictured in the Thread What I got was the beat up one

it took me a while to find a Phone number for this company on his site he doesn't display it !

Wonder why he doesn't display his phone number ?

I tried his contact us page doesn't work

I reversed address on my phone got his phone number that way

called him and said to the gentleman that answered phone I didn't get what I payed for on his site he said the pics don't always show what your getting

he said send it back

I said ok but why does he show a good clean one and send you a dirty beat up one

I also mentioned to him that he was going to get some bad postings on AS and he said go ahead and hung up

Is this the way AS wants there sponsors treating member's

Mike

Does it matter what something cost if your getting ripped off ?

10 bucks or 10,000 bucks if you advertise something and sell it it better be what was advertised or its fraud !

I think everyone on here has bought something off ebay or a another company why did you,

because it filled the need you had and when you get it , its not what you saw when you filled the order

I think everyone would be a little ticked !

what did I do wrong ?

#1 IBL
I bought a coil, cylinder and piston on evilbay (should of known but..) gets to the house the day the money clears my account, cool like 36 hrs after I purchased, Great open box, awesome packaging, double bagged, bubble wrap and re bagged Coil good, Cylinder toast trying to clean it up gonna try gives me some learning experience... I guess I did not see/ask or get any pics of cylinder. I trusted someone who sells a lot of saw stuff with pretty good feedback, and got it broke off in my bunghole. yeah me gonna go lick the windows now...

Thats BS man, people selling things should know better than to put up a picture of a new cover if they are selling a used item. If they intend to continue to do this then they should make it clear the actual item is not in the picture and describe its condition but, really? How freakin hard is it to put the picture of the actual part? I dont care how big of a company you are, if you inventory your used parts why not take a photo when you make an Item number for your stock and post it? WTF

IMO Good for the OP to call them out.

I see this quite a bit selling on fleabay. Pics of an item in the right light with the correct background can make the condition look better or worse than it is. Those pics are not of the same cover so the OP has a valid claim. Scratch pattern on the logo's are different as well as other things. You know these folks selling used saws on the "bay" snapping 1 pic from a cell phone 20' away are hiding something. If a seller can't provide the ebay maximum number if pics allowable(for a saw) , it doesnt make my watch list.

I have bought some items from chainsawr and received good service.

I see this quite a bit selling on fleabay. Pics of an item in the right light with the correct background can make the condition look better or worse than it is. Those pics are not of the same cover so the OP has a valid claim. Scratch pattern on the logo's are different as well as other things. You know these folks selling used saws on the "bay" snapping 1 pic from a cell phone 20' away are hiding something. If a seller can't provide the ebay maximum number if pics allowable(for a saw) , it doesnt make my watch list.

I have bought some items from chainsawr and received good service.

I myself have bought from him before never had a Problem until now

Yes!

What really sucks is when you buy regular condoms and you get home ready to play with her and some how there's magnums in the box

Always a mood killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selling used parts can be a sticky wicket sometimes.

Anything I sell that I deem a cosmetic part is numbered and has a separate listing.

Ignition coils, flywheels and so on are sold as units, because they have no cosmetic value.

Or I take a picture of the worst one and use it as a stock picture and have it described as " you will not receive this exact part, but all are equal to it in better condition than the one pictured"

Overall, it's quite time consuming to set up separate listings but better for the customer. In the long run it is also better for me as the fellow providing the service as well.

Yes!

What really sucks is when you buy regular condoms and you get home ready to play with her and some how there's magnums in the box

Always a mood killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

or the other way around aint gonna fit !

Selling used parts can be a sticky wicket sometimes.

Anything I sell that I deem a cosmetic part is numbered and has a separate listing.

Ignition coils, flywheels and so on are sold as units, because they have no cosmetic value.

Or I take a picture of the worst one and use it as a stock picture and have it described as " you will not receive this exact part, but all are equal to it in better condition than the one pictured"

Overall, it's quite time consuming to set up separate listings but better for the customer. In the long run it is also better for me as the fellow providing the service as well.

Duke you coming the GTG in Marysville May 3rd ?

Duke you coming the GTG in Marysville May 3rd ?

That's my birthday!

Likely I won't be able to make it. I have concrete needing prepped and poured this spring/summer for my new shop as well as a full time day job, a pair of kids and a wife and this www.sawsalvage.com thing going on.

I'd like to, but that's a lot of time I probably won't be able to find. I heard about a little thing over in Ohio the weekend after Easter I may try and do something about though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back