Exposed tattoos and employment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best are the ones with all the facial tats, gauges, nose ring and a mowhawk. Seen a guy with metal fangs implanted on his bottom lip, had blood tattooed around the fangs. Love it when they get upset about people judging them. Kinda like a smoking hot chick wearing booty bottom daisy dukes and a cut off wife beater with no bra walking thru the mall and then getting pissed at the old "perverts" who are checking them out. When ya do that type of "shock" stuff, you are making a statement, and if ya want to do that, then you have no place on my crew. I got tats, u cant see them when I am at work. Some sleeves and such are ok, when they are done by a pro they can be pretty awesome, but when ya have FTW on your arm or some other offensive statement like that, then you deserve the judgment you receive as it is pretty obvious that you had bad judgment when ya did it. Many Marines have tats that are tributes to their fallen brothers. Those are 100% acceptable by most. I have seen the elderly stop and want to see those tats, ask about the fallen. It all depends on the tat, where it is and what the subject is. Tear drop, F the police or SS, no. American flag, EGA, kids birthdate or grandpas likness, yes.
Exactly. Seems you really get it. I personally have a tattoo on each of the tops of my hands. One of a dragonfly for my mother as she loves dragonflys, and the other, a hummingbird drinking from a morning glory for my grandmother as that's her favorite bird and flower. The amount of positive comments on both of these tattoos by ALL ages and walks of life has shocked even me.

I guess one of my biggest points is... The types... Of tattoos a person has, and the stories behind them should mebbe be more of what should be acceptable for judgement. Not so much placement. That make sense?

Hmmm,.. those who agree with you are intelligent. Ipso facto, disagreement proves persons are ________?

I suppose tattooed intolerance of the uninked community is OK these days.

I will try harder to think correctly but some tree customers may be tougher.
Thanks for calling me out on how I put that one. Really appreciate that actually. :)

I don't have a tattoo for discussion. I have it because I like it and I got it for that only reason. I don't like it when people literally wear their hearts on their sleave so to speak. I don't need to know why you got a particular tatoo anyymore than I need to know why you comb your hair that way or wear jeans instead of Dickies. You want a tattoo, you got it. Wanna discuss it? Do it on your own time. I have never had a customer ask about my tattoo or the other guys. That's not why we're at the house. And if they don't want us because of it, their loss.

Last edited:
No tats on me corpus.
Aging is enough punishment.
Do chicks really dig scars?

No tats on me corpus.
Aging is enough punishment.
Do chicks really dig scars?
No Tats on me either, though I've accumulated my share of scars.
However, to quote our Australian Tree sis "hot chicks dig blokes with scars".
As the body ages, the tats look more like scars...IMO.

Thanks for calling me out on how I put that one. Really appreciate that actually. :)

Dont worry about it. Internet has the power to pervert innocent thought and opinion into fascism. Your gracious response demonstrates good manners. Thoughtful and polite impresses customers.

I would agree, since16 made his points well.

Looking for a job, I am a ok Climber but do a much better job of yelling at people to get to work, or work faster. Witch ever is needed. Never been in prison ( for very long ) and very good at customer relations. I do however require a company truck (4x4) and a bull horn to help get the guys going after lunch.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    446.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 47
That's brings up an interesting thought for me , I thought that I was much more tolerant but I would not allow the SS tattoo to be exposed , you could work with me ..........but that would have to stay covered at all times .

I dont know much about those tats but I think I know enough. Someone that is involved with that kind of stuff I would not around my business or my family.

SS Is a trade mark owned by General Motes Corp. that was started in the late 1960 as a emblem installed Gm muscle Cars. If it has ss on the side of it it was a fast Bad ass car. Like the one i had. It also just so happened to be worn By a part of the German army in ww2. The part that was responsible for enforcing things.

"A signal of danger or a problem can be referred to as a red flag, a usage that originated in the 18th century. The term "red flag" is used, e.g., during screening of communications, and refers to specific words or phrases encountered that might indicate relevance to the case. For example, email spam filters make use of such "red flags"."

Well yeah, I know what a red flag means. I am curious as to what having two tattooed to your forehead denotes. A double threat?

And of course there are the wings. I think I qualify for purple and white but as now the only tattoo I have is on my right arm. You might be able to see it in my picture there. Its a boat anchor with the word MOM.

Anyone else rocking the wedding band tat?

I know a girl who has one... she is now divorced. Go figure. I can only imagine her X is an incompetent.

She is a younger miss, a bartender I had a chance to meet off chance when me and a friend stopped in for lunch and beer. I guess she was flirting with me when she said that I had a nice truck, I just smiled back and said, " I know, boy do I know".

I applied for a tree job and they told me that there is no smoking, cursing or spitting. I was taken aback and thought for a minute then told the guy that I didn't think they could get very much done with an attitude like that. I got the job, it was short lived. Go figure.

Old oak do you display that around customers and if so what has there reaction been ? I don't care about the tattoo I am not wearing it , I am curious that's all . At some point that has had to have a point where you've needed to explain it .

Latest posts

Back