Extacey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
XTC

I think you spell this XTC. Anyone ever climbed on it?? I've used it for four months now and the only problem I have with it now is my knots are locking up on it. I was wondering what ya'll's openion of it was??

Last edited:
XTC

I've never seen it in writing. Thanks. That put the confusion out of the word. XTC. Green and yellow right??

Blakes

When I tie my blakes hitch aqnd work it for a while. It seems to want to lock up every time. When I used safety blue never happened. I was told XTC was supose to be a better rope than safety blue. Besides the Blakes Hitch locking up. I love the XTC.:D

Froggy, XTC is a Yale cordage product. To my knowledge it is available in Red and white, Green and white and as a 12 strand-white with yellow tracer. If your rope is green and yellow striped it sounds like Pro stripe-a Sherrill exclusive which I think is made by Samson.

xtc

Ive used it for ages ...it a good rope. Have you tried a different friction hitch.
Hows this ... I went to tie a Blakes but had forgotten how to tie it:rolleyes: Its been a while!!

We did use to sell a green gold and white Sherrill EXTC rope, that was made by wall. We don't sell it anymore, though.
-Sean

i've used xtc for about a year or so... i like it better than blue streak which i used before. it has a firmer hand than bluestreak. i use it with a vt and it acts perfectly.

Originally posted by ramanujan
i've used xtc for about a year or so... i like it better than blue streak which i used before. it has a firmer hand than bluestreak. i use it with a vt and it acts perfectly.

If it works better than BlueStreak then I am sold on it. :D I love the way BlueStreak handles.

I find it to be slicker and I really have to be sure to dress any hitch used. Good line. Unlike the blue streak or true blue, it really is close to 1/2 inch so it fits into pulleys.

I think the rope your talking about is the one we use. Sherrill use to carry it. If you go to Sherrill's now you can't find it. How come?? Was the rope not a good seller or not enough info out there on it??
I'd love to find some more. You know where to get EXTC at??
BB

Originally posted by TREETX
My XTC came from www.frescoarborist.com

I've tried surfing their site a couple times, the pages take FOREVER to load. Obviously set up by someone who thinks cable connection is standard. The one time I had the patience to wait, I didn't see any spectacular deals on anything. They averaged about 5%-10% higher than Sherrill on most items.

Their site means well but it is a bit too busy w/not enough content. It loads fine at 50K connection.

They are more expensive but they do have XTC and the butterfly, etc.

Kind like the buzzedplace - who needs the rockin'-disco tunes??

Mark and I offer a service to anyone who doesn't like the background music at TB. For about $600 we'll come to your house and turn off the sound while you're on our site :)

I agree, not great music but cheaper than paying royalties you know.

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap
Mark and I offer a service to anyone who doesn't like the background music at TB. For about $600 we'll come to your house and turn off the sound while you're on our site :)

I agree, not great music but cheaper than paying royalties you know.

Tom
I've only heard it once. Sat and waited several minutes while it loaded, then when I clicked to enter the forum it opened in a separate window. I just bookmarked the forum page and haven't messed with the impossible 'front door' entrance since.

climbing on XTC

hey froggy,
i wouldn't climb on XTC, LSD or PCP.
just say "NO" to drugs and get high in a tree:D
love, peace and chicken grease,
budroe:cool:

Tom - do I make the check out to you or TB?:p

The music on those sites makes a good first impression but if you go there time after time, for content it is just busy. Looks great though and first impressions are everything.

Froggie - sounds like you should skip the XTC and get the fly.

Nathan

Latest posts

Back