Facebook Chainsaw Groups?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

Curious to hear how many of y'all are members of the Chainsaw Groups on Facebook. I'm wondering if this is the wave of the future. With 2.2 billion users, there sure is the potential to reach a lot of folks.

I started joining Facebook groups several months ago. Some are worthless, some are quite good. What's nice is that there are several manufacturer specific forums; helpful for folks looking for parts or info for a specific saw. Off the top of my head, I'm a member of the Stihl group (very active, but mostly newer stuff), Solo, Echo, Dolmar, Jonsereds, and a few others. The Vintage Chainsaw Collectors and Cutters group is a pretty good one, too.

There's a fair amount of buying and selling going on; you would think that it's not as reliable as buying from a forum member, but it's not too bad. Rarely hear of someone getting burned.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear your thoughts, observations, experience, etc.

On a related note, I started a group specifically for Stihl 1106 and 1109 saws (Contra/Lightning, 070, 090, including G and GS) and I know a few members here are members. We have a few hundred members and it's only been active for a few weeks. Worth checking out if you're on FB and a fan of these saws

Scott

Checked out you group. I would join, but I never see those models around here.
BTW, a few years back, AS would get mad at you for putting up links to facebook pages.

Fellas -

Curious to hear how many of y'all are members of the Chainsaw Groups on Facebook. I'm wondering if this is the wave of the future. With 2.2 billion users, there sure is the potential to reach a lot of folks.

I started joining Facebook groups several months ago. Some are worthless, some are quite good. What's nice is that there are several manufacturer specific forums; helpful for folks looking for parts or info for a specific saw. Off the top of my head, I'm a member of the Stihl group (very active, but mostly newer stuff), Solo, Echo, Dolmar, Jonsereds, and a few others. The Vintage Chainsaw Collectors and Cutters group is a pretty good one, too.

There's a fair amount of buying and selling going on; you would think that it's not as reliable as buying from a forum member, but it's not too bad. Rarely hear of someone getting burned.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear your thoughts, observations, experience, etc.

On a related note, I started a group specifically for Stihl 1106 and 1109 saws (Contra/Lightning, 070, 090, including G and GS) and I know a few members here are members. We have a few hundred members and it's only been active for a few weeks. Worth checking out if you're on FB and a fan of these saws

Scott

What’s the name?

I quit fb many years ago when it destroyed 2 of our computers with some deadly virus, so I will NEVER go back there!!---At that time a computer tech. told us that is what killed our units!---Too many crackpots on there!--Granted some good ones too, But the virus issue rages on! thanks; sonny580

I am on vintage cutters and collectors as well as a few mcculloch groups. Have bought and sold no problem on the mcculloch groups.

5 years ago it seemed like everything was going to FB, YT, Twitter, Instagram, but in the the last year the editorial hands on those platforms have laid heavily enough to chase me, and others, back to the enthusiast specialty sites on the wider web.

Back