Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bang::blob5: rules- how come everything that makes sense is Illegal in one form or another. i am so sick of ......... :deadhorse: never mind:hmm3grin2orange:

I still can't get over all the safety stuff you euro loggers wear-Is it required or do you do that on purpose.? ??? Just askin'----

Good to hear from you. Yeah, trees that size can sit back on you a mile too. whips they are.

To the doubters, that euro gear is not actually as bad as you suspect. Its designed for performance and safety. Its specialized for the job. most fallers have a list of other things that could improve their numbers more than whether or not they were fashionable-

Good to hear from you. Yeah, trees that size can sit back on you a mile too. whips they are.

To the doubters, that euro gear is not actually as bad as you suspect. Its designed for performance and safety. Its specialized for the job. most fallers have a list of other things that could improve their numbers more than whether or not they were fashionable-

I'll beg to differ there lol.............It's restrictive .......uncomfortable and as far as performance lol.......if ya like walking round in a suit of armor then ok but don't try moving quick in it

I'll beg to differ there lol.............It's restrictive .......uncomfortable and as far as performance lol.......if ya like walking round in a suit of armor then ok but don't try moving quick in it

if you dont like it fine, but I don't think its worth mentioning. I wear more traditional garb myself, but have tried most of these things out, and quite frankly, find them to be good products

like I said most guys I can find a few performance issues to help improve their numbers and if they were wearing this type of outfit it wouldn't mak ethe list of things thatr would need improvement. its effective, safe, and not a big deal.

I wear denim with inserts, i've worn cutting pants, see no difference except for the convenience of the inserts being removable. someone gave me a jacket like that and its actually pretty sweet and just enough rain protection to be similar to the shower curtain shoulder poncho, except theirs offers saw protection. Its a good wearing jacket. we both wear helmets, we both wear tool belts.

Not getting the problem here.

diet, sharper calks, more precise chain grinding, a cleaner air filter, better strip management, better sleep habits, these things get you numbers. safe gear and high vis properly fitted, losser if you prefer, but its all a non issue.

Sometimes we try so hard to be free we're not.

if you dont like it fine, but I don't think its worth mentioning. I wear more traditional garb myself, but have tried most of these things out, and quite frankly, find them to be good products

like I said most guys I can find a few performance issues to help improve their numbers and if they were wearing this type of outfit it wouldn't mak ethe list of things thatr would need improvement. its effective, safe, and not a big deal.

I wear denim with inserts, i've worn cutting pants, see no difference except for the convenience of the inserts being removable. someone gave me a jacket like that and its actually pretty sweet and just enough rain protection to be similar to the shower curtain shoulder poncho, except theirs offers saw protection. Its a good wearing jacket. we both wear helmets, we both wear tool belts.

Not getting the problem here.

diet, sharper calks, more precise chain grinding, a cleaner air filter, better strip management, better sleep habits, these things get you numbers. safe gear and high vis properly fitted, losser if you prefer, but its all a non issue.

Sometimes we try so hard to be free we're not.

Eh ok

Thanks pards, it's good to be back!

I still can't get over all the safety stuff you euro loggers wear-Is it required or do you do that on purpose.? ??? Just askin'----

Yes, it's mandatory. If they found my smelly carcass somewhere without wearing all this stuff, my family wouldn't have a penny.

Chainsaw boots and pants, goggles, helmet, ear muffs - other than that I think it's the jacket which looks really big and heavy. Actually it's part of the set I like most. The jacket is not required either, that I do on purpose. It has no chainsaw protection, but it's light and ventilated in a clever way. If I wear it without a shirt under, it's cooler than just your skin, believe or not. Plus it's really sturdy too, I've worn that particular jacket over four years now without putting a stitch on it.

Ya Sam, its great to see ya! I get nervous when I don't see one of the crew around. Guess its just the cutter in me.

I think for a guy to be an all around tree killer he needs to be flexible enough to be comfortable doing most of the styles of professional tree killing. Most fallers would wrinkle their nose at precommercial tree thinning ( with a chainsaw) but my best money days with a powersaw have been tree thinning. Like around $2,300.00 for 5 1/2 hours on a 260 Stihl. With a 20" bar no less. And I may look funny to some with a cape on my hard hat. But I would as soon not wear corks as to thin without a cape onmy had hat.

Honestly guys, since such a huge part of this ball we live on is covered with trees. It's pretty ignorant to think our small sector of falling experience is the end all of putting them on the ground.
I get as much enjoyment out of sawing the top out of a shinny cottonwood 50' up and 4" dia. With my Samauri hand saw as I do scooping a 5 bushel spruce off the stump with my 390 Husky.

you got some nice timber there bandit. hows ya markets? jus curios, they seem to be wildly different all over.

At least you look like you know what you are doing:cheers: I would not have been brave or strong enough to get in there and push it when the wedge fell out and it started going backwards. I've heard RandyMac could push over OG like that:bowdown:

That 261 sounds and looks really strong. Thanks for posting this video. Seeing that things can go wrong even when pro's are cutting makes amateurs (annoying homeowners) like me a little more careful in the woods.

20 years ago the safety pants were very thick and Heavy but now they are pretty thin and very comfortable. Cheap pants still are thick and heavy, that's what I have, I'm not a logger (I'm thinning young forests with a clearing saw, don't know what that's called in english) and thought that the good pants cost too much :msp_unsure:

New rules for this year is that we have to wear Hi-Vis jackets, not a fan of that since I'm used to wearing just a shirt but I guess I'll get used to it, eventually.

20 years ago the safety pants were very thick and Heavy but now they are pretty thin and very comfortable. Cheap pants still are thick and heavy, that's what I have, I'm not a logger (I'm thinning young forests with a clearing saw, don't know what that's called in english) and thought that the good pants cost too much :msp_unsure:

New rules for this year is that we have to wear Hi-Vis jackets, not a fan of that since I'm used to wearing just a shirt but I guess I'll get used to it, eventually.

Markus ; which clearing saw are you running. . I know this may be a stupid? . But I've always wondered. If it was illegal in Sweden to run a Stihl. And if it was illegal in Germany to run a Husqvarna . ??

Markus, guess what. Right now I'm packing my clearing saw for next week, I've got a 20 hectares young pine plot to thin out. I'll try to remember pack a camera too and take some pictures, unless it's raining too much.

OK, you have my curiosity. I've worn my vest without a shirt before, to my bug-bitten and scratched-to-hell disappointment. How's a big floppy asking-to-get-snagged jacket vent so well?

Nate, laundry today. The floppy jacket is basically sewn round a fish net. The upper and lover parts are separate. Armpits can also be opened out. The fabric is really thin, it dries fast - as soon as the jacket gets wet, it'll feel cold. If it's burning hot, I just let the front open. The bugs usually won't bite your chest or belly as much as they like to chew your arms or backside.

IMG_5713.JPG

My only real problem with European safety clothing for cutter's is they are too tall and skinny. Aren't there any short, fat guys like me over there? . Maybe they don't have doughnuts over there. ????

We let them husky boys to collect the profits.

Latest posts

Back