Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Clint. This'll sound mean, and i apologize for ever doubting you in the past, but I used to watch your videos thinking there might just be a screw up, but now I watch them to learn how to do it better. Except for the no gloves, gives me the heebeegeebies. You are a real pro, not a "not so pro." Now the bad news, that particular 460 looks pretty tight, that 660 isn't going to make much difference in that wood, just be heavier. 32" in hardwood? Different story. PM me your address and I'll mail you an axe or mini-sledge, u'r choice. I am enjoying your wedging. This will sound corny, especially as I am still far from the transition, its nice to see one of the guys "graduating" to "that's pretty darn good" status:bowdown:

Busy busy busy!! Work has been crazy! How about you?

Same same. . . Spent 4 hard days on a fire sawing line and cut'n snags. The rest of the time I'm framing a 70+ thousand square foot high school. That'll make ya tired too. LOL

Farmers Almanac is saying a real cold, snowy winter. . . I have a few more cords of wood to put up too. :dizzy:

Nate- I heard that we are supposed to get that kinda winter too. I hope its cold enough.

Coos bay maple. Average sized wood for this job.
attachment.php

I threw this one on top across the bottom three so I didn't bury the skid trail or my logs. Digging through huge maple tops really slows the log picker down. The smallest stem was not marked, but woulda got smacked in this set either way. Just average wood for this job again.
attachment.php

5 10s in this maple and no taper. Just some beautiful logs.
attachment.php

Red oak around 40" on the stump or so. I didn't measure it, just eye-balln.
attachment.php

View attachment 312568
View attachment 312569
View attachment 312570
View attachment 312571

Nate- I heard that we are supposed to get that kinda winter too. I hope its cold enough.

Coos bay maple. Average sized wood for this job.
attachment.php

I threw this one on top across the bottom three so I didn't bury the skid trail or my logs. Digging through huge maple tops really slows the log picker down. The smallest stem was not marked, but woulda got smacked in this set either way. Just average wood for this job again.
attachment.php

5 10s in this maple and no taper. Just some beautiful logs.
attachment.php

Red oak around 40" on the stump or so. I didn't measure it, just eye-balln.
attachment.php

View attachment 312568
View attachment 312569
View attachment 312570
View attachment 312571

Looks great Bitz! Are you using square filed or round in your hardwood? You don't cut pine very often huh? What State do you cut in mostly?

Looks great Bitz! Are you using square filed or round in your hardwood? You don't cut pine very often huh? What State do you cut in mostly?

Thanks Clint! Round with a kick. I use two different wheels on the teeth when I grind them. There is decent pine saw timber in the hardwood/conifer mixed forests a couple hundred miles north of me, but I'm in the hardwood belt of the state. The only pine around here is in plantations. Just little stuff. I live in Wisconsin and I've been cutting most of my timber within 30 miles of my house for 2 years. The job I'm cutting now is about 15 miles away.

So here is the 460 that Mike juiced for me. I pulled the bar studs today andfiled them down so the Husky mount bars will fit even tho I have an OK 36" Oregon. Stihl mount . With the LW 36" bar on it hangs just right for fallin limbin and buckin. I haven't tried it in anything worthy of the saw yet but it's got a lot more snort than it did stock. And it spools up instantly!!! The HD oiler kept the chain nice and lubed for what I did today and the chain was quieter on the bar then before. the Husky mount bars fit great.

Last edited:
That saw is a "runner" huh Glen? I saw a vid mdavlee put up of the saw...looked like it was a cuttin' machine!

Hey what have you been up to lately? Is it already cooling off up there?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back