Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sound effects were corny.

And I ***** about packing my 385 and set'n 1/2" chokers! LOL

I bet them fellas complained about being in small wood too. ;0)

I was a little disappointed with the hokey sound affects but the rest of it is the real deal. Change the saws, the loader, the Cats. and that old Cornbinder for today's equipment and you see that things really haven't changed all that much.
Watching the fallers scramble over the logs brought back some memories. Some good and some not so good.
Watching that one guy scratch for traction climbing on that log...LOL...I could hear him thinking "Dammit, that's it. Tonight I'm putting in new calks".

Bob, I couldn't tell from the clip. Do you know if they had plastic wedges back then? I noted he only carried two. My father didn't cut any thing near the size shown just nice pines. He only had a small 4" or so aluminum wedge and standard steel splitting wedges. I also noted the one fellow carrying I assume his bar oil in an Ivory soap bottle. My father did as well. I guess the slow old gear drives didn't use as much bar oil as a modern saw does ???? Thanks for posting this clip. I enjoyed it. Ron

I was a little disappointed with the hokey sound affects but the rest of it is the real deal. Change the saws, the loader, the Cats. and that old Cornbinder for today's equipment and you see that things really haven't changed all that much.
Watching the fallers scramble over the logs brought back some memories. Some good and some not so good.
Watching that one guy scratch for traction climbing on that log...LOL...I could hear him thinking "Dammit, that's it. Tonight I'm putting in new calks".
I was stubborn with my caulks, "I can get another week outta these". . . *slip, trip, fall*

LOL

My guess, going by the McCulloch, which looks like a 1-86, puts the vid around 1962-64. The Homelite is a 9-XX 0r 900 series, when bucking large logs, that front "muffler" would bounce all the noise back at you, sometimes you could feel the sound vibes in your chest. Tinhats caught noise too, a McCulloch drive-side up would make your whole head ring.

My guess, going by the McCulloch, which looks like a 1-86, puts the vid around 1962-64. The Homelite is a 9-XX 0r 900 series, when bucking large logs, that front "muffler" would bounce all the noise back at you, sometimes you could feel the sound vibes in your chest. Tinhats caught noise too, a McCulloch drive-side up would make your whole head ring.

Huh? Say what?

4eea56dc1d9942f1b2ac08af4540ce25.jpg
50d41eede570c7e25e77edfa9a41165e.jpg
708f33ec5bab34d5941fe8823114070e.jpg
b5555f65d2c394d90068dd34b7f2ae99.jpg

Some of sailing mask poles to go up to aberdeen, and a little 562xpw with a 32" bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back