Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still not bought any hard heads. Still using what K&H I have and a dozen or two of the Madsens.

I've busted the metal insert off of the hard heads every time I've had one. Blue Madsen's or K&H for me every time. I did get a case of the yellow Oregon ones with the scallops through GSA this fall but I haven't used any yet. I didn't choose them that way; that's just what showed up.

I've busted the metal insert off of the hard heads every time I've had one. Blue Madsen's or K&H for me every time. I did get a case of the yellow Oregon ones with the scallops through GSA this fall but I haven't used any yet. I didn't choose them that way; that's just what showed up.
I've never had that happen, and I'm usually hitting 'em with the 6 lb "stumpy sledge"
Good luck double stacking
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
If'n I put some dirt between them they'll do OK. Not great, but ok.

Lol this is my own equipment and wood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Haha good deal man! Just had to send a zinger by ya, I've known a lot of guys that considered fight'n words as processor and feller buncher lol. So ya know, just had to be a pain in the a$$ for a minute so continue on with your shade reduction.......I'll role up my bag of peanuts and sit back down in the gallery. Safe cuttin and safe processin boss

The yellow oregons with the teeth don't drive straight and stacking them is worse. The plastic is solid tho. The woodland pro wedges are about middle of the road. With the hard heads I'm thinking if I need to hit it that hard maybe i shud be doin somethin else with the tree. Havent tried the stackable ones. The best lift i've ever gotten out of a wedge is the double taper 15"er. Still have it but its maybe 13 inches now. Likes to fall out of the pouch as well. Most wedges can get you by for a while if you need a clean leading edge for opening.

The yellow oregons with the teeth don't drive straight and stacking them is worse.

Solid bit of advice. I'll be looking out for that as we use up the case of them.

A 12" hard head and a cool neon green one. Don't remember the brand.

You're a way better shot than I am! Even with a clean poll on a 4 LB axe I hit way wonkier than that.

A dutchman always makes for tough wedging, as does a backcut lower than the undercut.
I have both winter wedges and summer wedges. The winter wedges have raised nubs to keep them from popping out in frozen wood. Sometimes if I run out of a driven wedge, I just refall the tilted tree.
I deplore mushrooming my wedges. Lol

Started the morning playing dominos to drop a birch without hitting a power line.
217861869a768fd9972dcd108a84b78b.jpg

Then got into some gnarly softwood and pinched the saw when the log shifted.
Here's my way of unpinching a saw.
746bbd36a510cfa63f8e44d6ca3a059e.jpg

a56509642535e10443a364b59d349ebc.jpg

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back