Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Ted.

Hey Forestryworks, its all photochop:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was cutting out an SMZ, this was a severely fire burnt and subsequently rotten stump leaving no hingewood to let me take it sidehill so I did this. Let me hit my hole.

Its too bad my phone/camera broke. I could post a pic of the renovation I did on the 2007 "work truck" as we easterners call them.

over 7000 worth of damage. . .

Wind took a poplar from me and the sob fell on the truck. I still cant believe it, i thought about selling the saw and getting out of timber falling all together.

So who else has dropped a tree on pickup?

The summer of 93 I was cutting a small sand of nice yellow pine from around a house in Alabama.
The landowner walked me around and showed me all the things he wanted done and things he did not want torn up.
The house was at the top of the list of things not to hit. Second was a 71 Dodge with a big block that he was going to restore.
Well the Dodge was parked in an clearing with head high weeds. Just after I started the job a limb broke out of a double and hit me in the head. I learned what cranial fluid taste like that day. I still have a dent in my head lol.
I was sick for about a month after that and stayed away from the house until I got to feeling better.
I remembered the house but forgot the car in the weeds and dead centered it with the top of a 30 inch tree. I remembered it when I saw the glass blowing through the air.
I tore down 7 spans of 3 phase on new years day. There was some unhappy people that day!

Im could never get out of the woods. Thanks for the kind words, I havent been around much because my ####in computer has quit working... My boss was pretty hot for a few hours but he is back to his self. he even told me not to be so hard on my self. I am just having some bad luck I guess.
i put a new distributor cap on my 86 cutt 2 weeks and it came apart today when I went to put new wires on it. its junk,made in usa junk. now i cant get the firing order right. its probably the old cap, who knows...

Did I mention that i broke my phone?

Im could never get out of the woods. Thanks for the kind words, I havent been around much because my ####in computer has quit working... My boss was pretty hot for a few hours but he is back to his self. he even told me not to be so hard on my self. I am just having some bad luck I guess.
i put a new distributor cap on my 86 cutt 2 weeks and it came apart today when I went to put new wires on it. its junk,made in usa junk. now i cant get the firing order right. its probably the old cap, who knows...

Did I mention that i broke my phone?

Sounds like it is about time to clear your head.

Bummer Ted, I haven't, but I lost a 36" round down a hill, right into the driver's door of my Dad's Chevy 1/2 ton.
Ted, you can't give up yet, you have some massive ####-ups left to do, some of the same ones we have all done. Next on your list of ####-ups is to miss-guess lean, top weight and root strength, then undercut way too much and have the bastard uproot. Carefull where you park.
.. I,ll 2nd that .

got new pick but still stymied

. I got a bunck of pics off my phone but still havn't got them to photobucket. / . Yellow cedar on Chichagof . nothing big ... Any one have a complete tranny and hyd valve array for a 360 Timber Jack they want rid of ???????????? . I found one that had a fire that started in the battery compartment but got put out fairly soon . but most of the hoses got burned off the tranny and the controls ..

. I got a bunck of pics off my phone but still havn't got them to photobucket. / . Yellow cedar on Chichagof . nothing big ... Any one have a complete tranny and hyd valve array for a 360 Timber Jack they want rid of ???????????? . I found one that had a fire that started in the battery compartment but got put out fairly soon . but most of the hoses got burned off the tranny and the controls ..

How's your yellow cedar there, Tramp? You have much rot or stain in it?

Damn y'all. I wish i had my phone so I could take some pics. Been on the WV VA line finishing up all week. Been getting 2 41 ton loads a day, cutting small under grown wood. Mostly red & chesnut oak. The stuff is over 60 years old and is less than 35 feet tall and 10 dbh. Mix the mountain laurel and the heat along with a cable skidder with the cable at the end of its life and you are having some REAL FUN!!
Any way, I finished up today, cut some nice red oaks down in a draw. The cherry of them all was a tall straight clear red oak in the neighborhood of 50'' across the stump. I put a big box face in it with the 660 & 20" bar. I had to block the face out in 4 pieces, cracking them out with wedges. Put a snipe on the stump and got all the heart wood that I could without compromising accuracy. Put two wedges in the back along with a rusty 20 ton bottle jack. Boss man said he "aint ever seen anyone cut no timber like you boy", I guess nobody is into throwing trees up hill around here. Me doing that saved toting a D5 80 some miles one way to shove a road to get the timber by the butt. Fun stuff that I would have liked to share via pictures. O well.

I also scratched my retina at about 10:00 am today. I finally went to the doctor after I couldn not find anything in my eye after about an hour in front of the bathroom mirror. I thought thats what happened, some wood got in my eye but no. I guess a chip smacked my eye ball and didn't stick. When it happened there was no discomfort, my right eye just got blurry. I got me some drugs to make sure it heals good.

Yep had a pretty good week all in all, lost some weight, made fun of the lazy ass loader operator, fell timber, found a few good trout holes, & got payed.

now:givebeer:

I wish you had your camera too Kid! I'd like to have seen that process with a big red. Its good to see and hear about the real action in the world.

Here's a picture my old man took Tuesday. He came up for a day and tramped around in the woods with me.

I think there's more, waitin' the picture cd's to be mailed to me.

I know, always wear corks on springboards. But look behind the tree, rocks like that all over. Thank god I had a flat rock to leave the stump on.
35719_408040555886_513110886_5051847_1975699_n.jpg

Here's a picture my old man took Tuesday. He came up for a day and tramped around in the woods with me.

I think there's more, waitin' the picture cd's to be mailed to me.

I know, always wear corks on springboards. But look behind the tree, rocks like that all over. Thank god I had a flat rock to leave the stump on.
35719_408040555886_513110886_5051847_1975699_n.jpg

:clap::clap::cheers:

Awesome pic Forestryworks. Really neat pic and situation you was in. I would have been scared to death. Good job and thanks for the time to post all the pics.

You bet man, thank you for the good word.

More pics coming, if my terd headed brother will email them to me.

"had to go eat cake", he says. :monkey:

Back