Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to jump up to the 395 those vibrations kill after a while

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Naw I was wrapping up a job when the tip went out on my good bar. Went out to the truck to find that i hadn't replaced the tip on my back up bar. It was pinched pretty tight but I had to run it. Even though she smoked a lot she held on for the day. I slung the saw up on my shoulder once as habit between trees. My gloves saved my hand. I carried it jungle style for the rest of the day.

Naw I was wrapping up a job when the tip went out on my good bar. Went out to the truck to find that i hadn't replaced the tip on my back up bar. It was pinched pretty tight but I had to run it. Even though she smoked a lot she held on for the day. I slung the saw up on my shoulder once as habit between trees. My gloves saved my hand. I carried it jungle style for the rest of the day.

I'm going to cautiously ask for an explanation for " Jungle Style."

Curiosity is getting the better of me: Please Explain.

My wife says to me last night at my son's baseball game we should sit by him in the dugout. I said "and stare into the sun?" I'm in it all day."
"No you're not,"she says,"you're in the woods."

Yeah for a minute or two while I'm throwing one into the gap.

IMG_20170720_104501820_HDR.jpg

The last few alders that got finished up of that corner and what's left of the fir to do.
33a18c11213d9dd96a8932cc7b4af30c.jpg
0c254a532b6290a939ac334baea95f4b.jpg
6e476cd9a25169c7a101031193a9929b.jpg

Those fir look like a lot of fun. Those alder seem about like the ash I was cutting today. Barely worth the time. They have a decent market for those though right? If they're good enough?

Those fir look like a lot of fun. Those alder seem about like the ash I was cutting today. Barely worth the time. They have a decent market for those though right? If they're good enough?
Yeah it's paying just as good as export fir and I can cut them in 16's or 20's is the preferred lengths with the mill paying the same as 40's. A few of the butts were up around 32" and 36" so there's some footage there most are 120 to 140 tall.

It's hard to believe but some higher end kitchen cabinets are built out of that wood we consider a nuisance .So it does sell . Stuff grows like weeds along with maple around my place .Does not even make very good firewood in my opinion .

Latest posts

Back