Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my bad it says on your profile you just joined the Forums Thursday! Don't I feel stupid now!
I didn't try hard enough in resurrecting 056 kid, so now there's 056kid. Thought about 056man, but it felt ill-suited.
Here's a screenshot of a rather short white pine from one of two falling videos I've ever made. The filter I used made the ****** phone footage even shittier. Wish I had captured more video but never took the time. Don't remember what the story was that day other than there wasn't much to do, hence the video production & my lack of gear. Felt compelled to do something since I can't sleepScreenshot_20230217_012949_YouTube.jpg

Why the half hinge?
Swing cut. You can see it in the video. Soft
Dutchman relief cuts took out most the hinge before the back cut was even executed. That snag actually had a little back lean to it. However, it was very dry and light, but with STIHL very sound and tough holding wood. Limb weight helped carry it around a little bit, but the dutchmans pretty much did all the work as far as getting it to commit. No wedges needed.

Keep your head up! 👍

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!

Latest posts

Back