fan draft or natural draft? (OWB)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawken08

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
need some input on this topic, i am considering changing my fan draft to a natural draft. I would like to here from people that have maybe change from one to the other and what benefits each my have.

draft or no draft that is the question

need some input on this topic, i am considering changing my fan draft to a natural draft. I would like to here from people that have maybe change from one to the other and what benefits each my have.

With a natural draft you may or may not have enough combustion air entering the firebox, the case in point being me on several occasions I have has the missfortune or good fortune of dealing with a natural draft in two ways. when everything is fine and dandy and burning well there are no problems and very litle smoke.

Then there are times when you have a good hot fire with dry wood and the firebox is starved for oxygen and "ala kazam" we have a flamethrower coming out of the bottom or upper draft damper a foot long and you see this and ask your self- do I have smurf in the fire box or ash pit with a flame thrower or is my fire starved for oxygen and going to where there is oxygen outside the boiler?

The forced draft fan is there to deliver air for combustion of the fuel otherwise you will get a very poor burn with low efficiency.

leon

:chainsaw: :dizzy: :givebeer: :jawdrop: :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back