FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of it but that means nothing. World's a great big old place. With your porting skills you could take a fair one and make it a good one.

Not snowing here thank goodness but I know what you mean. I spent some time with that new chain sharpener I got. Even made a video of me using it. A great way to see it being used by a total numb. By the end I had got the hang of it. I must fix up a holder before I do it again. I am sold on it cause it's quick and I don't have to learn all at once. I can have a properly honed chain while I learn. That sounded sweet.

I am going to crack open a used 440 case next week sometime when my buddy gets back. He and I share a few expensive tools like the Stihl case cracker. Going build a Magnum. I refuse to take the top off my saw it runs so good. Just build another engine. But you on the other hand would. Gutsy:bowdown:
Lol. Yea . I'm glad the file set up worked out well for you that's awesome and you will love the 440 magnum I've had a couple sooper good saw can't go wrong with one that's for sure.

Gonna buy the cylinder or a cylinder?
And yes I think i will the price is not to bad $99 bucks for piston and cylinder kit and in the sails add it seed that master mind liked it so I might go for it and who knows it might work out to where I might talk you in to getting a Maco. :chainsaw:

Look forward to hearing how all that turns out. His cross cylinder about tore up my saw. I caught it. Others were not so lucky. Long as someone else made it I will keep an open mind and just might get one too. Course then I would have to build another saw. Lol

I was so bored I got my bucket out with the ms250 kit parts in it and started to put it back together and found something else wrong. That's a lost cause. Still in the bucket. Lol. Need something to do.

Look forward to hearing how all that turns out. His cross cylinder about tore up my saw. I caught it. Others were not so lucky. Long as someone else made it I will keep an open mind and just might get one too. Course then I would have to build another saw. Lol
Yea i just got finished reading a page on other sigght and its funny how things can change a person's mind lol I guess even though there classified as a level A cylinder kit but a lol of people dont like them because they have had problems with the chrome flaking while porting them sooooo I'm going a differentt direction i think I'll try a Baileys NWP cylinder and piston kit Lol yeah I know I chang my mind like some people change there shoes but just think I just saved us from killing are saws from another crap cylinder if I'm going to spend money on a cylinder Im going to make sure I i can trust the quality otherwise I would just stick with the farmertec cylinder. So we shall see Bedford T. :yes:

Hyway is a good one. Or the 54mm I had last year was good and pretty too. Somebody talked me out of the saw but I was real happy with the jug kit. Then there's meteor. Trouble is Farmertec makes them for a lot of people and puts their name on them so it's hard to tell. Did you know they do the cross to cross specs? They don't do metero or hyway

Hyway is a good one. Or the 54mm I had last year was good and pretty too. Somebody talked me out of the saw but I was real happy with the jug kit. Then there's meteor. Trouble is Farmertec makes them for a lot of people and puts their name on them so it's hard to tell. Did you know they do the cross to cross specs? They don't do metero or hyway
No i didn't know that wow that's funny considering the problems that people were having with the cross cylinder kits. I think the NWP cylinder kits are made in the USA but not to sure on that.

It was to their specs. I was told mm told them how to cut it. So if they did it to his specs not their fault

I wonder if there would be interest in renting the tools need to assembly a kit? i know that buying them is a stretch and others could afford it but are not interested in owning them. I am considering opening a store limited to tools and the idea of renting them sort of appealed to me so i thought I would ask and see if i could get feedback on it. A 660 kit, 440, 380, whatever would included the tools for that model.

Example would be like getting a pressure gauge, flanges, rubber plates, oil and bearing tools. Circlip tool, heat gun, clamps, stops, etc. The deposit would be quite sizable to cover the all tools but once you returned them unharmed only what ever rental fee would be deducted. dirko and press fluid could be included. would take the pressure off and make the assembly fun. i could see just a pressure tool rental kit. use it return it, or keep it and own it.

Here is the 2n1 file. I got much better by the end, after a couple i should get the hang of it. easy and quick is what i needed

I wonder if there would be interest in renting the tools need to assembly a kit? i know that buying them is a stretch and others could afford it but are not interested in owning them. I am considering opening a store limited to tools and the idea of renting them sort of appealed to me so i thought I would ask and see if i could get feedback on it. A 660 kit, 440, 380, whatever would included the tools for that model.

Example would be like getting a pressure gauge, flanges, rubber plates, oil and bearing tools. Circlip tool, heat gun, clamps, stops, etc. The deposit would be quite sizable to cover the all tools but once you returned them unharmed only what ever rental fee would be deducted. dirko and press fluid could be included. would take the pressure off and make the assembly fun. i could see just a pressure tool rental kit. use it return it, or keep it and own it.
I think that would be a good idea for most i would for myself rather own the tools so if you had both options buy the tools with the kits or send the tools back after completion. Good idea. :yes:

Here is the 2n1 file. I got much better by the end, after a couple i should get the hang of it. easy and quick is what i needed

Helpful tip for you on the open end of the cuter is the direction you push your file it will go way smoothly for you and be more consistent just to help you out. Good file setup I like it how much did it set you back?

Thanks for the replys!

Does anyone have detailed pics of a 660 muffler mod? or should I just buy the dual port cover? I've seen where guys just rip the baffle box out...does it make it ungodly loud?

Do the HO oilers wear out fast? Should I buy an extra, if I'm doing milling?

You guys have any recommendations on chain spinners? I saw the harbor freight one frequently need to be tweaked before it works right...anyone have a better option that is in the price range?
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back