Felling saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have cut oaks up to 4' DBH with a 372xp...not ideal and the reason I now own a ported 390xp but the 372 can handle big wood and can be had new for just a little over your budget and the 365 within it.

View attachment 527700

Looks good bud.... Choices upon choices i swear lmao all sound like a good option this thread is making it harder and harder to decide
I have cut oaks up to 4' DBH with a 372xp...not ideal and the reason I now own a ported 390xp but the 372 can handle big wood and can be had new for just a little over your budget and the 365 within it.

View attachment 527700

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

But i hate buying used. No disrespect to anyones credability i just like to buy new its not worth the slight decrease in price to me might as well spend the extra money to get new. Then you know what its been through how hard it was pushed and just the pleasure of having a clean slate to start on not the piston fried and i replaced it with oem good as new. To me its not good as new new is new used is used wether it be one tree someone fell and limbed or years of hard use. No ones honest when there is nearly a g on the table there will always be something held back.. Maybe its just a craigslist thing every one here seems straight up but ive only had bad outcomes buying used especially since im not to mechanically inclined to troubleshoot easier if its new from the stary and something happens. Idk maybe im wierd

Most all of these guys are stand up individuals. We are all learning from hands on experience and gaining knowledge. "The You tube video showed me," does not apply too much here.

Birdman

I can not comment on the EFCO 8200 other than that its rated power of 6.0HP seems a bit low for 81cc's - I guess she makes it up in more torque (longer stroke?).
http://www.efcopower.com/products/chainsaws/mt-8200

I really love my Dolmar PS-7900!
Light PH with lots of power.
Yes, a Dolmar PS-7910 is the successor to the PS-7900 with two minor drawbacks - nothing You can do regarding the lower limited coil, but gut the muffler and a PS-7910 should regain the power loss over the PS-7900.
This saw will also be fun to work with in mid sized and smaller trees, for the rare large diameter trees a 36" B&C setup is still manageable.
As has been said, to make sure that You have enough power You can get a skip tooth chain.
A PS-7900/7910 is/will be very nose heavy wearing a 36" solid steel bar and full comp chain!

My own version of "precious":
Dolmar PS-7900 36inch Iggesund Forest R2 1.JPG Dolmar PS-7900 36inch Iggesund Forest R2 2.JPG Dolmar PS-7900 36inch Iggesund Forest R2 3.JPG
Dolmar PS-7900 36inch Iggesund Forest R2 4.JPG Dolmar PS-7900 36inch Iggesund Forest R2 5.JPG

My 36" B&C setup consists of a 36" Iggesund Forest solid steel bar, and a 3/8" .058" Carlton round filed chisel tooth full complement chain.
Logic might suggest at least a semi chisel chain (doesn't dull as fast) and possibly a skip tooth chain (less strain on the PH, better chip clearance,lesser teeth to sharpen as a 36" loop consists of 115DL's) - problem is I rarely listen to logic when I'm having fun. ;)

If You need a larger saw for a (possibly) single job, then most likely either one, EFCO 8200 or Dolmar PS-7910, will do perfectly fine.
I am obviously a Dolmar guy, so my opinion might be biased - but I tell You this: I am having great fun disassembling an entire tree using just my Dolmar PS-7900 with a 20" B&C setup! I haven't actively used my 40cc's in years, I usually grab either my PS-6400 or my PS-7900. :crazy:

Entire tree done with my Dolmar PS-7900 & 20" B&C, the branches got immediately cut to firewood length too:
Big Pear Dolmar PS7900-1.JPG

However You decide, I honestly wish You to be happy and satisfied with Your purchase! :)

Cheers :cheers:

I dont know much about chains just to sharpen. i walk into stihl dealer and say give me a yellow lable chain none of that low kickback business [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] gets a laugh out of them every time. But looks good dropped limbed and bucked all with the dolmar if i understand. Cant really argue that it could be a good choice.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i am getting ripped off when i sell 2188's. I think the list price on a 2188 is only $999
Jonsered 2188=390xp
Lol thats just the first price on google shopping im sure i could find one cheaper if i looked around

My two cents on Efco: I bought a non-functioning ICS concrete saw that is built on the Ecfo 8200. Squish was .060". Maybe that would explain the slower throttle response. And maybe it would add to longevity? To me it seems like as nice a build as any.

Latest posts

Back