Few hrs of work w/ 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay03

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Heres what I got cut up with my new 361 today worked her hard.
MS360033.jpg

MS360035.jpg

MS360036.jpg

MS360037.jpg

looks like fun. that looks like a nice log too.

give them 361s some hell... they'll laugh and say bring it on!

Excellent job!!! I'm always jealous when I see a tree that big, they are the exception to the rule for me. A good way to break in the saw!

Bet you had a smile on your face the whole time.

What kind of wood is that?

Here's a pic of my meagre but sufficient shelterbelt cleanup program. White/American Elm. Nowhere near as big but the bigger pieces give the saw a work out.

attachment.php

Thanks guys thats pin oak I also have a good sized maple in the front yard and a few more pin oaks down on the side of the house. Hopefully I didnt work the 361 too hard for break in she was getting pretty hot. I stopped a few times and let it cool down and of course for refueling. Also a few times after a big cut I ran out of gas but it was never while in the cut so worried about running lean.

Last edited:
lol yeah i hope you didnt thats quite the load on a new saw but who knows manual kinda sugests to not run it to hard first three tanks.

Manual said it was ok to run WOT in the wood during break in.
I would like to mod the muffler also im sure it has more in it.

Awesome workout for your 361, She will thank you later for breaking her in right!!! Give her a muffler mod and she will give you a reward!!!

Do your new saw and yourself a favor Keep that chain razor sharp!!!!!!!!

and use a good synthetic mix w/premium fuel,,, Ultra HP is pretty darn good!!!! Ive been running it 3 years now and the tear downs Ive done have looked really great,,,,,,, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice saw ,,,,,, glad to see you like it!!!!!

JMHO,,, Id be looking for a 70+ cc saw for continued cutting of wood that size,,,,

Putting my other chain on tomorrow and going at it if it doesnt rain. I was running hp ultra in her and will continue to do so. Once these big trees are finished I shouldnt have anymore that big. The tree pictured was one of the biggest on the property.

Back