Finally bought a bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm picking it up this week..I just re-enlisted in the reserves for 3 more yrs..and all I need is for my bonus check to get deposited and I'll go get her..pics will be on the day I get her..it'll be a nice snowy back ground for those of us that got dumped on with all this snow over the weekend..LOL

Thanks A Million For Your Service!

I'm picking it up this week..I just re-enlisted in the reserves for 3 more yrs..and all I need is for my bonus check to get deposited and I'll go get her..pics will be on the day I get her..it'll be a nice snowy back ground for those of us that got dumped on with all this snow over the weekend..LOL

GOD bless you and yours!

Look forward to seeing the pics

not to dump on you guys parade but with the economy the way it is prices have dropped big time, you are paying WAY to much for that truck. I bought a 98 GMC 7500 with a 55 ft altec lr3 for way under 10k. Allready paid for...

not to dump on you guys parade but with the economy the way it is prices have dropped big time, you are paying WAY to much for that truck. I bought a 98 GMC 7500 with a 55 ft altec lr3 for way under 10k. Allready paid for...

Where are you finding deals like that?

Does anyone have a link to information about holan booms? Apparently this is the manufacturer of the boom/bucket on my truck..

I would insist on a manual with the purchase. Make them get you one if they do not have it. You may have trouble tracking it down yourself. Semper fi.

Holan booms are popular out west, CA, AR..etc.. dont know much about them, im not even sure if they still Mfg booms anymore, definately check into that!!

98 GMC with a altec boom for under 10k????? the seller is either an idiot or you will see while aloft one day why you got it that cheap!!

1st, not big on GMC buckets, usually have 366 or 454 powerplants & are gas pigs, pony motors are abused & they usually cant get out of their own way let alone tow a chipper with a full load.....real pig then!! but for less than 10k there is something wrong!!!

LXT............

Well guys I go it at an auction. The only thing it had wrong was the pto cable, fixed the very next day. There were 20 other trucks that went all went for about the same. And it does have the 366 gas pig.

I went to this same auction 6 months ago and prices on everything they were selling has defenitly dropped big time.

Well guys I go it at an auction. The only thing it had wrong was the pto cable, fixed the very next day. There were 20 other trucks that went all went for about the same. And it does have the 366 gas pig.

I went to this same auction 6 months ago and prices on everything they were selling has defenitly dropped big time.

Let me know if theres one at the end of Feb. I'm coming down for 2 weeks! Are they ex private company trucks or local utilities do you know? At least they'll be rust free trucks....which are hard to come by up here for a decent one:greenchainsaw:

Most of them are old asplundh trucks but some others as well. I believe there is going to be one at the end of feb.

Should be more trucks this time around. I was told that Asplundh lost their contract with FPL and layed of their whole south florida workforce last monday. I have seen a lot on Lewis Tree crews around here last week with lots of shiny new equipment. I have never seen them down here before.

Most of them are old asplundh trucks but some others as well. I believe there is going to be one at the end of feb.

Should be more trucks this time around. I was told that Asplundh lost their contract with FPL and layed of their whole south florida workforce last monday. I have seen a lot on Lewis Tree crews around here last week with lots of shiny new equipment. I have never seen them down here before.

Thanks, I'll pm you closer to that time!:greenchainsaw:

You got anyone to go with you to check it over for leaks, righting system, boom integrity, defects, etc.? I would want to take a spin around the block, then boom it around for, say, a half hour or so, then take a look at a previously clean piece of pavement under it afterwords.

Good luck. Looking forward to the pictures.

Not familiar with Holan, that is why I would crowd them to come up with a manual if poss. before dropping the cash on the table.

Latest posts

Back