FINALLY figured out the three saw plan....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
Took many years and I've finally figured out the END ALL, BE ALL three saw plan list. Here goes...

For the small stuff, when I need a light weight screaming limber saw... we have the 372xp with the 15" GB pro top bar.

For the most used-general purpose saw, when have the 372xp screamer with a 20" Tsumara bar.

For the big knarly things that get in the way, we need a big saw with some big gunt to get those jobs done. What we have here, is the wicked monster 372xpw XT with a 26" carlton bar.

There ya have it folks, save yourself thousands of dollars and just start with these three basic saws. This is the ultimate combo. not much, even out here in STIHL country, that this arsenal can't destroy.

C717182F-2B33-4102-B7A8-58C123ABD4F4-361-000001E9EACE8EB5.jpg

3ED47132-7C01-4869-AE2F-EEDC9D185E63-361-000001E9DBE805A4.jpg

963C4B0B-C4AF-4323-9F2B-9A064D637569-361-000001E9E62F09E1.jpg

Last edited:
i like your three saw plan with the 372s...ive wanted a 372xpw for awhile now, but i dont need one right now seein as how i just got a 461r...and i dont know about them there new x-torq models, i was told that they're not as good but you'll grow to like em. plus all my bars i have are for stihl, and a couple small mount huskys for the 346.

i like your three saw plan with the 372s...ive wanted a 372xpw for awhile now, but i dont need one right now seein as how i just got a 461r...and i dont know about them there new x-torq models, i was told that they're not as good but you'll grow to like em. plus all my bars i have are for stihl, and a couple small mount huskys for the 346.

Huskys with Stihl bars...what more could one ask for! :msp_wink:

Took many years and I've finally figured out the END ALL, BE ALL three saw plan list. Here goes...

For the small stuff, when I need a light weight screaming limber saw... we have the 372xp with the 15" GB pro top bar.

For the most used-general purpose saw, when have the 372xp screamer with a 20" Tsumara bar.

For the big knarly things that get in the way, we need a big saw with some big gunt to get those jobs done. What we have here, is the wicked monster 372xpw XT with a 26" carlton bar.

There ya have it folks, save yourself thousands of dollars and just start with these three basic saws. This is the ultimate combo. not much, even out here in STIHL country, that this arsenal can destroy.
You said it, not me :D

You can definetly tell your age and physical condition by your 3 saw plan,lol. I fondly remember those days when it was an Xl-925 Super for the 2 saw plan.
Now it's the true 3 saw plan, 460 ported and dual port muffler, 361 MM'd, and the MS261 and if the back is really talking to me the little 180 will also go along for the ride. I hope to have a ported MM'd 064 added to the stable very soon just to keep a 36" bar on for the occaisional big tree, although I know the Simonized 460 would handle the task no more than I use it.
Then there's the sharp little 024 Super, dang CAD, I never have a "real saw" plan until I see what winds up on the back of the truck.

The new X torq is my favortive with a 25" stihl ES bar.... with the baileys adapater, you just have to grind the slot a little bit longer to use the same drive like chains. Been running Stihl ES bars on my fleet of huskies and dolmars for that very reason for a lone time.

Latest posts

Back