Finally got it right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The local Stihl dealer is a national chain hardware store and I have come to find out that the guys behind the counter have absolutley no idea what they are doing at least when it comes to saw chains. First off the guy knew what saw/chain I was using and gave me a 5/32 file/guide when I needed a 13/64 When I went back to return it he grabs the one for a .325 pitch when mines a 3/8. When I told him it was wrong he said "No it's a Stihl file/guide it'll work on all of 'em. Definitely won't bring my chains there to be sharpened. Touched up a few chains with the right file and went to town on some trees blown over in a recent storm.

:cheers:

Most all the dealer shops around here are better than that... But go the Big Box stores, and you get a different answer from each person working there....

yep, our Ace Hardware just started dealing Stihls a few years ago. When a 16 year old approached me to ask if I needed any help picking out a chainsaw, I asked him politely if he knew anything about chainsaws and he said "no, not really."

My first time posting so please be kind. Our local Stihl dealer sold out to a hardware store that sells everything from clothes dryers to ice cream. I went into get a few extra bar nuts to keep on hand and the kid at the counter sent me to the nuts and bolts section of the store. The lady there sent me back to the service counter. The kid then informed me that they are a special order part and I can have them in two weeks. I drove about 20 minutes to another dealer, basically a on old farmer with a shop in his barn.
He has just about anything you would ever need for Stihl saws. Not real clean or organized but he new where everything was. I asked how much I owe him for the four nuts I got and he said $ 2.00 even , I gave him the money and he just put it in his pocket. Man I love old fashion service and old timers who treat customers great.

My first time posting so please be kind. Our local Stihl dealer sold out to a hardware store that sells everything from clothes dryers to ice cream. I went into get a few extra bar nuts to keep on hand and the kid at the counter sent me to the nuts and bolts section of the store. The lady there sent me back to the service counter. The kid then informed me that they are a special order part and I can have them in two weeks. I drove about 20 minutes to another dealer, basically a on old farmer with a shop in his barn.
He has just about anything you would ever need for Stihl saws. Not real clean or organized but he new where everything was. I asked how much I owe him for the four nuts I got and he said $ 2.00 even , I gave him the money and he just put it in his pocket. Man I love old fashion service and old timers who treat customers great.

Welcome to the site, we are practically neighbors I live near Honey Brook.
Old School service is hard to come by these days but it's making a come back many companies are beginning to realize customer service is cheap losing a customer is not.

You should get in touch with one of this site's sponsors, like Bailey's. I had to contact them once about one of my orders (*I* screwed up) and they were quite helpful.

Latest posts

Back