Finally Pulled in the Last Load of Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyromaniac guy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
For the season. Unless I scrounge up something by just helping out a homeowner or something like that, this should be my last load of wood harvested for the winter. Next weekend we will split it all and I'll be able to get better stacks, but I should have between 6 and 7 cords.

DSCN3799.jpg

This is the last load. We loaded up two loads like this today in a little better than 2 hours. The saw shown has cut most of the wood recently...

DSCN3800.jpg

Another angle.

DSCN3801.jpg

Squatters anyone? I'm thinking of added helper springs for next year.

DSCN3802.jpg

This is this year's wood. About 3 cords stacked under the roof.

DSCN3803.jpg

The large maple rounds in the front I picked up from a guy a few towns over. Ad was on the CL, and it was free. He even helped me load it.

DSCN3804.jpg

Next year's oak, all hand split.

DSCN3805.jpg

Beech on the left that needs split, black walnut on the right.

DSCN3806.jpg

How about some cherry? I just brought this load in 2 weeks ago, and it is already checking nicely.

Last Load of Wood

There is no such thing as the last load. It is an ongoing event year around.
As for the helper springs, look into AirRide load leveling bags. Inexpensive to buy, easy to install, and positively will level your load.

There is no such thing as the last load. It is an ongoing event year around.
As for the helper springs, look into AirRide load leveling bags. Inexpensive to buy, easy to install, and positively will level your load.

Isn't that the truth!!! It's part of the fun.:clap:

I think I've told my wife 3 times so far this year that this is my last load of wood but I keep running into more. I'm 3 years ahead and looking for more.

i personaly used timbren load leveling block on my 1/2ton worked great and way better then helper srpings and cheaper then airbags. my 2cents

:agree2:

I have them front and back on my half ton Chevy and love them.

Last edited:
Nice stacks! I really like the overhang off the house for your wood. I had about that much cherry last year; wished I'd had more. It burned real hot.

DSCN3806.jpg

Funny how sometimes cherry looks like pine. Scored a couple free truckloads of it a few years ago since everyone else it was offered to turned it down thinking it to be pine.

DSCN3799.jpg

This is the last load. We loaded up two loads like this today in a little better than 2 hours. The saw shown has cut most of the wood recently...

DSCN3800.jpg

Another angle.

DSCN3801.jpg

How many times have you caught your pants or skinned a knuckle on those bolts sticking out. I just look at those and cringe. I like the sides thou. Get air bags I had them on my 1/2 tons and they work great.

Beefie

DSCN3799.jpg

DSCN3800.jpg

Another angle.

DSCN3801.jpg

How many times have you caught your pants or skinned a knuckle on those bolts sticking out. I just look at those and cringe. I like the sides thou. Get air bags I had them on my 1/2 tons and they work great.

Beefie

i have actually ground the ends of the bolts off. all that stick out are the nuts.

and i'm looking into help for the truck suspension...

i have actually ground the ends of the bolts off. all that stick out are the nuts.

and i'm looking into help for the truck suspension...
I put a set of these on my old ford and it did a world of good. They are helwig helpers. I put a set on front and back. You can't see them in the pic but they raised the front and rear up quite a bit.

overload3500_large.gif

attachment.php

I put Supersprings on my truck and I like them a lot. They're just one big tapered spring instead of a pack. --Ian

productguide_image001.gif

Back