Fire Breathing Dragon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windwalker7

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just a wanted to let everyone know what happened to me last night.

I went out before bedtime last night to throw some more wood into the OWB.

I was reaching back inside try to shove a piece of wood on top of a log (wearing welding gloves, of course) when all of a sudden a puff of flames shot out the furnace door and singed my eyelashes, eye brows and the hair on the right side of my head. I heard it sizzle as it happened.

Looked in the mirror, when I came in and had to laugh at myself. My eye lashes and eye brows on my right eye were shorter and all curled up like hair does when it melts.

When I would blink it felt like the lashes were melted together.

The little curly Q's on my lashes are all broke off now, but you can definitely see they are shorter than on my left eye.

I hate when that happens!:mad:

Last edited:
I've learned to open mine w/ my back to the door...go get wood w/ door open. Learned this lesson after melting my eyelashes together.
Glad to hear no serious damage!

if that was a woman.. she would cry instead of laugh :taped:

I like to use the hoe that came with my Central Boiler to reposition pieces of wood so I don't have to stick my head in the dragon's mouth so much. It's about 7ft long. I have smelled the burning hair smell a couple times though.

Did the same thing a few years back setting the bead on a tractor tire. Used a little too much brake cleaner... Gotta love the sticking eyelashes :laugh::laugh:

Heck...I have'nt had to get a haircut in 4 years during heating season. :laugh:

I swear this OWB is out to get me.

I threw some osage orange in it earlier today. Went out to fill it for the night and had sparks spraying everywhere.

It looked like someone had a grinder in there with showers of sparks flying out the door. The longer I had the door open, the worse it got. They were popping and snapping all around me.

I'm gonna get a firefighter's helmelt with faceshield and all if things continue:laugh:

I threw some osage orange in it earlier today. Went out to fill it for the night and had sparks spraying everywhere.

It looked like someone had a grinder in there with showers of sparks flying out the door. The longer I had the door open, the worse it got. They were popping and snapping all around me.

I'm gonna get a firefighter's helmelt with faceshield and all if things continue:laugh:

My old woodchuck loves to bite my fingers every now and then as I try
to put in huge chunks. This wood burning stuff is hell all the way around
but my heating bill never gets into my pockets.

What is osage orange?

I have had them sparks flying also. Whats up with that?

Latest posts

Back