fire wood clean up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevejr33

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How Meany used today's beautiful weather to clean the mess in there yard? I am sitting hear drinking beer watching a bonfire of wood chips and saw dust.

Most of the afternoon working up the oak score from earlier in the week. If I can muster the energy tomorrow, the load of maple on the trailer will be in the woodshed by the evening.

Didn't clean up wood junk, although I should have. I raked up some leaves and worked on some snowplow damage.

So I was the only one enjoying the weather? It will only be a couple of months and people will be wining :cry: it is to hot.

So I was the only one enjoying the weather? It will only be a couple of months and people will be wining :cry: it is to hot.

Won't be too hot til mid June. I can take a little of the heat, but not a lot of it. People down south laugh when MI folks complain about the heat, but they can't take anything below 40° without crying and whining.

I'm, uh, well-insulated. I can take the freezing cold or blistering hot, no problem. But once the weather gets the "insulation" too cold or too hot, it takes a while to get it back in the normal range.

Took my new (to me) old Stihl down to the repair shop for a tuneup. After that I took old faithful (Homelite 330) down to the end of the field and cut and split a load of wood.

This load should last until warm weather, but when I get that Stihl back next weekend, I may have to cut some more just to see how she works.

Spent the morning with the lady and spent the afternoon/evening rewiring my trailer so that I have running and brake lights again :D Had to get it ready for grabbing some wood tomorrow from my SIL's parents :chainsaw:

I started off trying to burn the grass on the creek banks. But it was too damp to burn good. So I ended up making a bonfire too burning the branches that came down over the winter.

Billy

A couple days of dry weather and no wind made Saturday my first major cleanup day this year. Yesterday's burn pile was pretty big from winter blow downs and branches (mostly junk pine). The other project was replacing divots in the yard along the driveway from winter snow removal. Oops. :blush:

it is beautiful day outside not much clean up but I did spit and stack a cord of so. Then took my daughters out for a ride on the gator trying to get in as much time with her before her mother and i split up getting a divorce will miss being with her all the time

Did my cleanup last fall. On a beautiful day as I recall.

Spent yesterday playing with my son, then scored a small truckload of white oak. (pretty scarce up this way, so it's a noteworthy score!:clap:)

Spent all day cutting dry dead ash and [dry, dead and near a gravel road] black locust. Can you say 'dull chain'? I put four tanks of gas through the saw and had to sharpen three times. Some of the locust had been down sice before I bought the property, six years ago.

cleaning up the yard

Bucked up some small limbs that have been sitting in the yard for a year or so, gonna use them for the fire pit this summer. Then I had to clean up the saw dust and wood slivers from spiltting. Next weekend gonna split up about 2 cords of pine to give to the campers at the campground this summer.........I love having my clean yard back!!!!:rock:

Latest posts

Back