Firewood Challenge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagonwheeler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Read this ad today:

"All the hdwd. you can cut & haul away in 8 hrs. for $75 or 4 hrs. $45."

That could be quite a lot of wood if all you did was cut sawlogs and haul them away to cut up later...

Sounds good on the surface, but I would not get too exited until I saw what I has getting into.

Firewood Challange

Did they happen to mention the 3 miles of swamp that you have to forge to get to it? It sounds like a snow job to me. What type of hardwood? Has the wood resulted from a recent storm? Blow-downs can be tricky to navigate, and hazardous to cut.Ken

I'm not touching it as I don't have any use for firewood...just wondered what he'd say if one of the guys here rolled up w/ a skidder and truck.

If it was decent Logs a loader and dump truck could prove you a decent profit at the mill.

I bet they are tree tops. A friend of mine had his woods logged, and a guy offered him $10 a top, I told him to sell them, around here they way the cut the logs it takes about 3 tops to equal a cord. I lot of guys celan there tops up on shares you cut 3 they get 1

wagonwheeler said:
Read this ad today:

"All the hdwd. you can cut & haul away in 8 hrs. for $75 or 4 hrs. $45."

That could be quite a lot of wood if all you did was cut sawlogs and haul them away to cut up later...

Where was the add? Do you have contact info?

Yep call there bluff
I worked at a BIG structural fab shop and I heard that their scrap was for the taking. So I went and asked the foreman if it was and he said yes. So I said " So you don't mind me bringing in a log truck to pick through the dumpsters?" He said " yeah that is alright."
Two days later on a friday I hooked up with a friend of mine with a truck and we started to pillage their scrap. My god was there a big change of policy after that LOL!!!!!
MIKE

Latest posts

Back