Firewood Company Name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting pretty deep into the firewood biz this year (+50 cords) and want to order up some business cards and such. In years past, I have just made generic signs and left my name and number, but I want to be more professional this year and to start a solid customer base. So what I need now is a business name. Most people seem to use a last name or do as I have in the past. So can anyone throw out some good name for a firewood company? I have yet to find anything to my liking.

Suggested names:

Crackling Flames firewood
Square deal firewood
Chips and splits firewood
earth energy firewood
green energy firewood
tree recyclers firewood

Off the top of my head.

I used to raise honeybees and did the firewood gig. I called my business WoodBee acres. I had vanity plates made for my big truck that had woodbee on them. It make a nice impression as they were watching me back up the driveway to see my plates that had my name on them.

I was a bullet maker in another life so I shared that name with the present business. You can see them in my signature line. I also sign my post here as Creeker, meaning someone who lives on a creek & acts like it. While I have no name to suggest perhaps explaining how mine came about will help you.............Creeker

There is a company here in the Twin City called Burnswell Firewood. Always thought that was cleaver. So how about Prime Firewood, Seasoned Wood Inc., Crackle Pop Firewood, Bright Flame Firewood, Well Split Wood, etc.

Some thing to keep in mind, if you are to incorporate your business, perhaps keep the name more general. You may start as a firewood biz, then get inot lawn service, tree trimming, etc. and you are stuck with a firewood name. I run under Circle B Services, Inc. I can haul, cut, paint, milk, mow, or plow all under the same name if I care to.

Hey guys, I'm getting pretty deep into the firewood biz this year (+50 cords) and want to order up some business cards and such. In years past, I have just made generic signs and left my name and number, but I want to be more professional this year and to start a solid customer base.

:cheers: You are already ahead of the crowd!

I don't have any suggestions for names, but I do have some good info on marketing:

http://www.gmarketing.com/

There's a lot of free info on that site, and you can get the book from your library. READ IT!

Here's another gem:

http://www.joegirard.com/

His book is priceless for anybody who is in business.

How about plain old "Split right", or "Buckeye firewood".

I wish ya luck.:cheers::cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Some thing to keep in mind, if you are to incorporate your business, perhaps keep the name more general. You may start as a firewood biz, then get inot lawn service, tree trimming, etc. and you are stuck with a firewood name. I run under Circle B Services, Inc. I can haul, cut, paint, milk, mow, or plow all under the same name if I care to.

This is very true. My business name is STLFirewood. But I do a ton of other things. Sometimes it hurts me when bidding other jobs. Right now I'm dong a concrete job. Other times I contract mow vacant lots. I do tree trimming and removal. I have gutted a few houses this year. I also hire out with the skid steer a couple hundred hours a year. You never know what your business is going to turn into. When you sell firewood you make a lot of contacts. Those contacts can lead to a lot of different jobs.

Scott

I think it would be a good idea to use a "green" name like earth energy firewood like freewill sugested. Let people think you are concerned about the environment. :)

Latest posts

Back